Chapter 8: What's Worse than a Teenager? A Child

Deku woke up to his new alarm. He'd set an extra early one so he could run to the store close by to get some clothes for Aizawa that actually fit him. Poor guy doesn't need to be wandering around in baggy clothes or just a shirt all the time. And yeah, Deku didn't know what exact size to get but he figured he could grab something that was close enough. 

Once he'd picked out a few outfits and some pj's, he quickly headed back and up to Aizawa's room, gently knocking on the door before pushing it open. He was still asleep, with Loud Cloud curled up close to his lil legs. Deku set the bags of clothes on the desk and sat on the bed, gently patting Aizawa's back. This felt so wrong. And just downright weird.

"Shouta, it's morning, you gotta wake up." He told him gently, hoping he wasn't gonna be as stubborn and difficult today. Aizawa finally stirred and rolled over, eyes barely peaking over the covers and eyebrows furrowed at the teenager. Deku couldn't help but giggle some, "Before you get dressed, can you tell me how old you are?" He asked, still wanting to know since last night.

Luckily, Aizawa was too tired to protest, "Se'en 'n a half." He slurred, obviously still groggy and waking up. 

"Oh my god you're only seven." Deku mumbled to himself. At least seven is decently manageable. To an extent. 

"And a half!" Aizawa quickly corrected, sitting up and glaring at Deku, immediately waking up more. 

Deku smiled, "Okay, well, I got you some clothes, so go change, and then we gotta go to class." He said, standing and grabbing one of the outfits out of the bag, some dark colored jeans and a simple black t-shirt. Seemed like it fit Aizawa's vibe. Aizawa looked back and forth between Deku and the outfit.

"Don't wanna go to class." Shouta grumbled. Deku sighed and walked over, picking Aizawa up and standing him up beside the bed. He had a feeling the kid wouldn't get out of bed unless someone forced him.

"Too bad, get dressed." He told him, handing him the clothes and leading him to the bathroom to change. Arguing about it would just waste time and it's literally impossible to argue with a seven year old. Oh, I'm sorry, I mean, seven and a half year old. 

Aizawa got dressed and opened the bathroom door, stomping out and going back over to the bed to pick up the cat, who was literally half his size now.

"Cat comes to class too." He told Midoriya.

"The cat can't come to class, Shouta, please put him down so we can go." Deku insisted, taking a step forward. 

"You're a asshole." Aizawa pointed out, turning away with a huff. Deku sighed and crouched down next to him.

"Well if you don't put down the cat and come to class with me, you won't get breakfast, or get to meet a bunch of cool people, you'll just be stuck here all alone with nothing to do. So please come with me so you can hopefully have a fun day." He tried explaining, hoping he didn't have to resort to threatening again. 

"I like doing nothing." Aizawa protested. Ha, jokes on this guy, Aizawa's favorite thing is to just lay in the middle of the floor and stare at the ceiling until he falls asleep. Preferably with a cat to pet. Which he has. So staying here and doing nothing sounds like a great day to him. But then his stomach growled. Dammit. He's hungry and doesn't exactly know where to find any food in this building. 

Aizawa thought some before finally gently setting the cat down, giving it a few extra pats and a little kiss before shoving his hands in his pocket and heading to the door. Nothing Midoriya said particularly persuaded him but he just wanted the guy to stop pestering him. Also, obviously, he was hungry and wanted some damn food. Deku sighed in relief and stood, leading Aizawa out and down to the main area for breakfast.