Chapter 10: Square up with a Child

A/N: I just realized I've been spelling Aizawa's first name wrong lol, it's not "Shouta" it's "Shota" I'm so sorry y'all I know this changes everything I'm a disgrace lol hope this fic is salvageable

__________________

Midoriya got to the classroom and glanced around for a bit. Where was Aizawa supposed to sit? What was he supposed to do all day? Did he want any toys to play with? Probably not. Did he want to color or something? Probably not. Honestly, the only thing Midoriya can imagine Aizawa wanting to occupy himself with is a cat. Midoriya sighed some. Maybe the cat really should've come to class with them.

Aizawa looked around the plain classroom. This place is boring. At least in the classrooms he's used to being in, there's posters or something to look at. Here it's just all blah. Whoever the teacher is, they need to be fired for having a lame classroom.

Kirishima noticed a small child walk in with a head of messy black hair. He's pretty sure yesterday Aizawa-sensei was around their age and height. If memory serves right, he's pretty sure he said he was 15 yesterday. Now he's half their size. Hmm. Kiri turned to Bakugou and nudged him, "Hey, I think Aizawa-sensei got smaller." He pointed out. Maybe it was a poor choice to inform his boyfriend on this considering the guy will most likely stomp over and attempt to throw hands with an actual child now. Yeah, now that he thinks about it, Kirishima regrets bringing it up at all. 

"Eh?" The blonde asked, raising an eyebrow and casually glancing over to the pair at the door, who were currently headed back to Uraraka's desk to chat before class. Upon seeing the new state of their teacher, an evil grin grew across his face.

"Bakugou-" Kirishima began, wanting to convince him not to go over there and start a fight. 

"I'm gonna punt that piece of shit." He said, standing up. 

Kiri sighed, "He literally hasn't done anything to you today, dude."

"I'm never gonna get this chance again, so fuck it." He laughed, shoving one hand in his pocket and the other out shooting tiny little explosions. Of course he knows this is a stupid thing to do and Aizawa might remember every bit of the time spent under the quirk but, come on, if your annoying slack-off twink of a teacher was suddenly turned into a child, why wouldn't you square up? It's fruit ripe for the pickin'. And besides, makes him think of the good ol days when he was way more powerful than the people around him. Now he's here and everyone's around the same level. Yes, he's obviously still at the top, but he doesn't like how close together everyone is in skill. He wants to be able to look down from his mountain and see everyone else as little specks at the bottom. Where they fucking belong. And for some reason, Aizawa likes to remind him that he's not on any mountain at all at the moment. That if he wants a mountain, he should earn it or whatever. Nah, Bakugou deserves his fucking mountain and he's gonna make sure everyone around knows that. 

Meanwhile, from Aizawa's perspective, there was just this weird, angry looking guy stomping over with a evil grin on his face.

"You're ugly." He stated honestly once Bakugou got over. 

That stopped the blonde right in his tracks.

"The FUCK you say to me?!" Bakugou demanded as Kirishima rushed over to grab him from behind. 

"You're ugly." Aizawa repeated, his expression completely unchanging. 

Fuckin' savage ass kid right here. Weary with crowds but ready to insult any one person who confronts him.

Midoriya tensed, "Shota, that's not very nice!" He told him, knowing Kirishima could only hold Bakugou back for so long. 

Shit, this could get messy.

Aizawa shrugged, "I thought it's bad to lie though." He mumbled, raising one eyebrow slightly. Midoriya was about to object when Aizawa spoke again,

"He's just being a bitch about it." 

"I'LL KILL YOU!" Bakugou yelled, explosions from his hands getting bigger. Kirishima had to harden his arms and chest to keep his grip on the guy. 

"Bakugou, remember, you were the one who came over to fight!" He reminded him, raising his voice so he could be heard over Bakugou's thrashing. While Bakugou can be at the top of the class both in skill and academic-wise, he sure makes some stupid decisions sometimes. Like, dude, you literally created this conflict so don't get pissy when it doesn't go your way. 

Bakugou huffed hard through his nose and yanked away from Kiri, turning away and stomping back over to his desk, "This ain't a retreat, bed-head, it's a guarantee that next time I'll beat the shit outta ya." He grumbled, holding one of his middle fingers up. 

Kirishima sighed and knelt down in front of Aizawa, "I'm sorry about Bakugou, he's just angry 'cause.....you look like someone he doesn't like." He lied. 

Aizawa just shrugged, "I don't care." He stated. 

"Shota, please be polite." Midoriya begged, already worn out by somehow appointing himself Aizawa's babysitter. On one hand, he's a very bad student because he broke the rules last night. But on the other hand, he's a very good student for taking care of his teacher while he's vulnerable and under a quirk. Those two should cancel out and he shouldn't get any repercussions. That is the argument he will use when all this is settled and done with. 

Kiri just gave a awkward smile and headed back to join Bakugou at his desk. Hopefully his mood isn't ruined for the whole day. That'd be a bummer. How are they supposed to cuddle after classes if Bakugou is still pissed about getting shown up by a seven year old? 

Present Mic walked in. He was gonna be the substitute homeroom teacher today. He walked over to where Aizawa was and bent down, "Hey lil man how's about you be my teacher's helper today?" He suggested. That way Aizawa could still kinda be counted as "working" and doesn't have to count these days under the quirk as sick days. Yamada knows how much that man values those precious sick days off. He'll save them for the perfect time when he's just fed up with the world and everyone living in it and just sleeps for like 36 straight hours. Which, considering the current state of the world, under-fucking-standable. 

Aizawa blinked a few times, "Whatever." He mumbled. Midoriya sighed in relief. Good, now he can actually focus on his studies. Present Mic smiled and led Aizawa up to the front of the classroom. Hopefully they can get things resolved tonight. Mic will get the police report and track down the guy and hold him hostage and scream in his ear until he turns his boyfriend back to normal. Because dammit, he's had to cancel their dinner reservations tonight and that sucks! Finally, Yamada convinced Aizawa to go on a fancy special date but then everything goes horribly wrong! It's awful timing!

Aizawa climbed into the rolling chair behind the podium and started looking around. He spotted a few unframed pictures hiding in a shelf within the podium and grabbed them. They were all pictures of cats. Which, for the first time today, made Aizawa smile. It was so damn heartwarming that it almost brought Yamada to tears.

"So you like cats?" He decided to ask, hoping to get this little Aizawa to trust him. Not only because he cares about this guy and wants him to feel more comfortable but also because maybe it'll prevent another fight. Like, damn, Yamada could year that from the hallway when he was heading here. He's surprised it didn't end in a brawl. And also very thankful that it didn't.

"Yeah...." Aizawa mumbled, smile dropping as he started getting defensive. 

"What do you like about them?" Yamada wondered, leaning against the blackboard. 

The smile came back some, "I dunno....they're just soft and cute and nice and warm...." He explained, shrugging. If he had the choice, he'd go out and give every cat in the world a kiss on the head. They all deserve it. Meanwhile, people are gross and loud and. So they deserve to be told they're dumb and ugly. It's just the way the world works. 

The bell rang and Mic began class. Hopefully the day goes by quickly and things can go back to normal tonight.

Hopefully is the key word there.