Chapter 6: A Chase Gone Wrong

The evening progressed uneventfully. They had dinner, which, to Aizawa's surprise, was actually fixed by two of the students. A tall girl with dark hair pulled into a spiky ponytail and that angry blonde that decked him earlier. Who knew the guy could actually cook. Of course, there was a decent amount of yelling coming from the kitchen, only subsiding when a spiky red-haired kid headed in.

Once it seemed like everyone was settled into their rooms or the night, Aizawa went to his room and changed into the UA tracksuit he was given earlier along with the uniform. It was the best fitting clothing he had at the moment. He then rummaged around in one of the boxes he'd carried over and pulled out his scarf thing. This one was much more heavy duty than the one he was familiar with. Obviously he must've gotten stronger and more agile with the thing as he got older and ditched the wimpy one from high school. Hopefully he can still decently use it. 

After draping it around his neck several times, he headed down to the main area, where Midoriya and Todoroki were waiting. 

"If we fix this, we won't be in trouble, right?" Midoriya asked as he adjusted some elbow braces on his arms. 

"Fuck no. In fact, I say you two should get a day off." Aizawa replied, "Besides, Shouta Aizawa is your teacher and since I am him, I give you permission." He went on, nodding. He could go ahead and write up a note now and shit too. Though, his handwriting has probably changed some. Probably got more lazy and unreadable. Even more than it is now. Which is honestly saying a lot. 

The three boys got out their phones, Aizawa just pulling up the schedule location for last night and letting the other two do more advanced stuff with gps and shit. Once the plan was made of where they'd head to first, they headed out. 

Luckily, the place he'd patrolled was relatively nearby and had a police station in the middle. So they went there first. Of course, three teenagers entering a police station in the middle of the night got them a few stares but it was nothing they couldn't handle.

"Excuse me, did the hero Eraserhead bring any criminals in last night by any chance?" Midoriya asked a woman sitting at a desk. Aizawa blinked. 'Eraserhead?' That random name Yamada gave him? He would've thought he could've come up with something a little better once he was a pro hero but apparently he didn't. Weird. 

The woman furrowed her brows in confusion at the boys for a moment before typing away at her computer, "Yes, apparently he brought someone in, but since it was a matter of petty theft, they were just given a fine and allowed to leave." She answered. 

Aizawa frowned, "Well, you got a picture of the person or any info?" He wondered. 

"I'm sorry but I can't exactly give that information out to a few random high schoolers." She explained. Aizawa sighed. He could try and assert that he is indeed Eraserhead and she needs to just let him get a look at that criminal's face but he didn't exactly have an ID on him. Besides, he looks like a teenager and that doesn't line up with the Eraserhead on file. He just shoved his hands in his pockets and headed out. 

"Thanks for your time, ma'am!" Midoriya quickly told her before following Aizawa out. Todoroki was zoning out during the interaction but snapped out of it when Midoriya grabbed his arm and pulled him away. 

"Now what?" He asked once they were standing outside. Aizawa began weighing the different options in his mind. Just go back to the dorms and wait this whole thing out, letting the real adults fix this or try and resolve this himself with no other info besides the criminal was in this area last night? This is annoying. Why can't this all just be fixed right now? 

"Look for anyone suspicious, I guess. Maybe see if there's anyone who's been turned younger or something, like a trail." Midoriya suggested, "Though, since we don't exactly know how this person's quirk works or even what they look like, this is made ten times harder." He mumbled. 

"Whatever, let's just walk around or whatever." He grumbled, turning and beginning to walk along the sidewalk. The walked in silence for a bit. Barely any cars drove by. It was just a very quiet night in general. 

Until a man loitering outside a bar seemed to recognize Aizawa. 

And immediately bolted away.

A very bad and very suspicious decision, Aizawa must say. 

The three boys immediately noticed and darted after him, Midoriya going the fastest due to his quirk. Todoroki was keeping a good speed too and it didn't even seem like that was part of his quirk. The guy was just in good shape. Aizawa wasn't. He truly was just a skinny lil guy who got very tired very easily. So chases aren't exactly his thing. But he noticed the guy slip into a side street.

"I'm gonna cut him off!" He told Todoroki, skidding and darting down an alley that led to another street. As long as he can use his erasure and bind the guy in his scarf, he shouldn't have a problem. That is, if the guy doesn't get too close or try and start a fistfight. 

Aizawa burst into the next street and started running towards the side street the criminal cut through. Apparently, he wasn't paying attention, because he slammed right into the guy. 

Aizawa was knocked to the ground.

Shit.

His reflexes weren't fast enough.

The moment before he could activate his quirk, the guy already had a hand firmly on Aizawa's arm.

And that hand was glowing. 

Fuck. 

An intense wave of exhaustion overtook Aizawa and he struggled to keep his eyes open as he saw a green dot dashing towards him and the criminal. The criminal let go and disappeared into another side street.

The last thing Aizawa saw was Midoriya standing over him and Todoroki catching up.

And then he passed out. 

Little did he know that the moment his eyes shut, his body began shrinking.

Another reset.