Chapter 11: Mission Failed. We'll Get Them Next Time

A/N: Omg guys thanks so much for nearly 300 reads!!!!!! I honestly can't believe that many people have read my writing considering I haven't written any fics in literally like 7 years lol

Anyways, thanks, I'll try and do another doodles chapter soon!!!

__________________________

The school day proceeded relatively normally. If you count having the seven year old version of a teacher being a special little helper as "normal." 

Aizawa was mostly in charge of handing out papers and telling the class to shut up when the chit chat got too loud. He was very good at that second one. 

Aizawa followed Yamada around all day, even when he separated from class 1A to teach other classes. He was a little reluctant leaving the class that he'd become slightly familiar with but for some reason he just wanted to stick by Yamada's side. He even got more talkative as the day progressed, smiling more and everything. It was actually pretty cute. 

The day came to a close and Yamada called Midoriya down to the teacher's lounge so they could go over the police report Yamada had printed over lunch and the possible plan for fixing all this. 

Midoriya entered and took a seat in the chair across from the couch. Aizawa was currently face first in a pillow fast asleep. Figures. Usually, the teacher gets to take power naps in between every class. Not having his sleeping bag or anywhere comfortable to lay, he probably didn't get those important naps today. 

"Is this the guy you saw?" Yamada asked Midoriya, sliding the report over that had an image of a guy on it. 

"Yes." He answered with a nod. While, yes, it was dark last night and things happened very quickly, he could definitely confirm that that picture was the same guy. 

"Okay, good." Yamada began, "But also, bad, 'cause this guy is apparently from out of town and who knows how much longer he'll stick around here." He explained, pointing to the line on the paper where the guy's phone number was. The area code was from a town about 2 hours away. What brought him to this city is a mystery but all that matters is that if they want this thing reversed soon, they need to hurry. Of course, he could also just be someone who got that phone number there and lives here now but that's not a chance Yamada wants to take. Things need to go back to normal sooner rather than later.

"Can we track his phone?" Midoriya wondered, hand already on his chin as his thoughts raced.

"Yep, which is what I'm gonna do in a sec. But, basically, the plan is we find him, Shota uses his quirk to make sure the guy can't use it again on him or use it on us, and then we take 'im down to the station and make 'im fix all this." Yamada answered. His agency had the resources to do all that tech stuff and send them in the right direction. This criminal is probably gonna face some serious charges for seriously disrupting a pro hero's ability to do his job. 

Midoriya nodded, glancing down at the report again. It listed his quirk with the name "Reset and Restore" so that made him a little more optimistic about his ability to change Aizawa back to normal. Though, it had no more explanation so that's a little concerning. It'd be nice to know how it worked before they confronted the guy. 

Yamada nudged Aizawa some until he made a little annoyed noise and lifted his head some, "Shota, you've got your quirk, right?" He asked. Maybe he should've figured this out earlier. 

Aizawa nodded, "Yeah but it's dumb." He grumbled, laying his head back down but on the side now so he could see around. Compared to all his classmates, his quirk was boring. It was like he was quirkless. It didn't do anything fun or flashy, it just straight up made all that cool shit stop. Which does nothing when trying to stop a villain. And which is why he's probably not gonna become a hero. Heroes have cool, powerful quirks, not something lame like his. 

"Don't say that! You're gonna become a hero! And we're gonna need that quirk of yours tonight!" Midoriya tried encouraging, "We're gonna stop a criminal together!" 

Aizawa blinked before rolling his eyes. Yeah he's heard that kind of bullshit lots of times. But the last thing Midoriya said caught his attention, "Wait, tonight?" He wondered.

---Tonight---

Midoriya adjusted Aizawa on his shoulders, "You got a good grip?" He asked. 

Aizawa just had his head nuzzled in Midoriya's very soft and fluffy green hair, "Uh huh." He mumbled, arms wrapped around Midoriya's neck. But, not like, tight enough to choke the guy. 

It was just past 10 and Midoriya was heading off campus with Yamada, both wearing civilian clothes to be a little more inconspicuous. 

"Take 'im to the station, make 'im fix this, send him to the slammer." Yamada recounted. Midoriya nodded. Did he say that to remind the student or to remind himself? Who knows.

Yamada had his phone pulled out with the live tracker map up. The followed it and when they were about a block away, they separated. Midoriya walked casually along the street.

"Remember, Shota, once you see that guy whose picture we showed you, you gotta activate your quirk, okay?" Midoriya told him. Aizawa nodded some, looking around for the guy. 

They finally spotted him.

Aizawa immediately activated his quirk, hair beginning to float and eyes turning red. His grip tightened on Midoriya's neck. It was obvious he was straining a bit. He just needed to hold out until Yamada got the guy out of sight and into cuffs. 

It seemed like Yamada was having luck with the whole 'low-key' thing and was actually striking up a casual conversation with the criminal. Eventually, he was able to slowly leer him away from the bar and they both began heading in Midoriya's direction. 

Aizawa's breathing started to become heavier as he struggled to keep his quirk going. 

Suddenly, the guy seemed to be getting suspicious. He quickly turned to Yamada and grabbed his wrist with his right hand, surprised when nothing happened. 

Perfect.

Yamada swiftly slapped the cuffs on the guy's wrists so that his hands were in front of him.

Midoriya smiled and Aizawa let out a sight of relief, deactivating his quirk and resting his head back down on Midoriya's hair. 

"You're coming with us." Yamada said with a smile, grabbing the guy by the shirt and leading him to the police station a few blocks down. Midoriya caught up and kept a bit of a distance as he followed. Just to be safe. 

He smiled. This was going surprisingly well. 

They got to the station and were able to get one of the interrogation rooms. Aizawa activated his quirk for a bit so Yamada could unlock one of the cuffs and re-lock it around a metal loop stuck to the table. 

"As long as you keep this quick and easy, you might be able to just pay a hefty fine to the Hero Public Safety Commission." Yamada explained as Midoriya set Aizawa down. 

The guy just glared at Yamada for a minute or two before a slight smile coming to his face, "Kay, fine." He stated, holding his right hand up as his fingertips began glowing. 

Midoriya thought for a moment as Yamada didn't seem to notice anything amiss and started bringing Aizawa forward. 

That's the same hand he used last night.

Glowing the same yellowish-orangey color as last night.

Midoriya glanced at his left hand, the handcuffed one, and noticed the ever-so-slight bluish-purple glow. The hand was pulled into a fist as if to hide the fingertips.

The criminal's right hand was just about to make contact with Aizawa when Midoriya launched himself forward

"WAIT THAT'S THE WRONG HAND!" He yelled, Aizawa stumbling back as Midoriya's arm got slightly brushed by the criminal's fingertips.

Midoriya immediately passed out on the floor as the criminal began laughing. 

Well shit.