Prologue

Start writing your story

It was dark and cold. We tried our best to run as fast as we can to avoid being caught by those men who thirst for violence and death to us, and the heroes. I can barely see through the hail as I huffed and tried to catch my breath. This is so exhausting, my feet feel heavy as every trudge I took, it takes a toll out of my energy, my wound hasn't closed up a bit as it keeps pouring out a small amount of blood. I put my hand on the wound and hissed at the contact. I thought this would go easily with no one being badly injured but here I am. I hope this doesn't get worse.

I glanced at my brothers and saw them sweating and panting, we all were exhausted and injured because of those guys. We barely escaped but I'm really grateful we did. I gasped as more cold air and ice kept blasting on us, it made us falter in our pace but we kept on running. We don't want to die in this weather.

"So much for a smooth escape." I muttered as I kept on blinking. I heard Agni huffed out a laugh and Aouli snickering beside me.

"We'll just keep going, Amaris." Aouli responded. I let out a big sigh as we kept finding something, just a shelter for this weather.

"Come on." Agni said as he rubbed his cheeks for some warmth. My skin felt cold as I blinked through the harsh hail.

As we tried to find some shelter, our bodies sometimes gave out, I can feel myself blacking out and then getting woken up by the ferocious wind that keeps on slapping my face with ice cold air. I keep on mumbling reassurance to my two brothers but they can't even manage a response because of how exhausted and cold they are. We barely run and just walk our way to the place.

I blink back my sleepiness to look towards the shadow of some kind of shelter. I widened my eyes as I grabbed my brothers with little strength I had and dragged them to the shelter.

"Finally." I whispered as we managed to see it. It was some kind of a waiting bench and there was a long chair inside. We threw ourselves on a sitting position as we huddled together for some kind of heat.

This was the most taxing and exhausting escape we have been. Through years of escaping from every orphanage and those bad people we barely know any kind of relief, it was always fear and cautious. I open my eyes, not remembering I actually close it and take a look at the wound on my stomach to see the blood had even seeped through my pants. My eyes tried to stay open but I really want to sleep now. My head fell on Agni shoulders as sleep took us.

A/N: word count 486 words

this is only the beginning......get ready......