Chapter 7

Grace's POV

It took another three days to convince both Dad and Emmett that I had a clean bill of health. A part of me didn't mind being forced to stay home but don't tell Emmett that. Unfortunately for me, the sun was out on my first day back meaning that Emmett had to stay home. Skyla met me at my locker before we walked to class.

"So how is everything at home?" She asked.

"Different. Dad's been hovering more than usual and Bella seems to hate me," I answered.

"She's just jealous."

"Why would she be jealous of me?"

"Hello, you're dating a Cullen, and have you even looked in a mirror recently, you're stunning."

"Thanks, Sky but I think you're exaggerating."

"You keep telling yourself that," she teased.

I shook my head at her antics before taking my seat. Since Emmett wasn't here she was able to sit next to me. Class passed by fairly quickly and with little homework. Soon enough it was lunchtime and Sky managed to convince me to eat outside. We found an empty table but the other half was soon run amok with Bella's friends.

"So, uh, where's what's his name?" Mike Newton asked.

"At home," I answered. Mike opened his mouth to speak but I beat him to it. "You should get back to your friends."

"I don't like you and Cullen-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there. You have no right to question my relationship with anyone so scram."

When Mike made no move to get up Skyla spoke. "She told you to leave twice now. If she has to tell you one more time I will get angry and you won't like me if I get angry," she threatened.

Mike finally got the message and he went to his friends. Skyla wore the biggest smirk on her face and we shared a laugh. Jessica started talking about prom dresses and Skyla and I took that as our cue to leave. Classes went by fairly quickly. Teachers gave out meaningless homework to be due the following day. Emmett had texted and said that he wouldn't be able to stop in tonight because Dimitri and Jasper wanted a bro night. I responded and told him that it was fine.

After school, Skyla drove me home and even stayed to do homework together just like when we were little. Bella came home about an hour after we did and she stomped up to her room. I didn't bother asking what her problem was. It's not like she would even tell me.

"Is she always like that?" Skyla asked.

"I don't know. It seems like it," I answered honestly. "It just seems like she doesn't even want to be here."

"But if she doesn't like it here then why is she living here for the next few years?"

"I have no idea."

A few hours later Skyla said that she had to get home. We had already finished our homework and were just watching our favorite movies. Once I watched her pull out of the driveway I started making dinner. I made Chicken Alfredo. Dad walked in the door just as everything was done. Bella came downstairs and made herself a bowl minus the chicken. Dad went next and I ate whatever was left.

"This looks great, thanks, Grace," Dad said after he took his first bite.

"You're welcome. I thought it would be a nice change from eating out all the time. And besides, Esme's been teaching me a few things and I wanted to show you what I learned," I said, bashfully.

The rest of dinner was eaten in silence. After dinner, Dad said that he would take care of the dishes. I refused to let Dad do everything so he washed while I dried. Once everything was done and dried, Dad and I put them away. While we were doing that Bella was talking to her friends in the living room. When Dad overheard Bella discussing her plans to go to Port Angeles he invited me along. I tried to tell Dad that it was a special trip with Bella and her friends but he wouldn't listen. I reluctantly agreed to go with Bella and her friends just to get Dad to stop talking about it. When Dad walked out of the kitchen I texted Skyla and asked if she wanted to come with me. She agreed to come and even offered to drive us both. 

AN

Sorry, this chapter is so short. The next one will be longer. This was just a filler chapter.