Chapter 8

Grace's POV

Come Saturday morning I was woken up by a constant ringing. I blindly reached my hand out to my side to find my cell phone. The next time it rang I answered the call.

"Hello," I mumbled sleepily.

"How are you even still asleep? We have shopping to do," the chipper voice of my best friend said foregoing the hello.

"Why are you even awake? We aren't even meeting them until after lunch."

"Exactly my point, we need to get to the shop early and find the good dresses. Has Emmett even asked you to prom yet?"

"No, he hasn't." I finally sat up in bed and listened to my friend rant about the importance of a guy asking a girl to prom. I put the phone on speaker and got dressed in a pair of back skinny jeans, a grey crop top, a light blue jean jacket, and a pair of black converse. I grabbed a ponytail holder from my nightstand and threw my hair up in a bun. "Are you done yet?" I asked, interrupting Skyla's rant.

"Yes, I'm done. I'm almost at your house. Get ready and we can eat breakfast on the way," she said before she hung up.

I went to the bathroom and did my morning routine. I walked out of the bathroom just in time to hear the doorbell. Dad answered the door and I grabbed my purse from my room and headed downstairs.

"Hey, Dad. Sky wants to do breakfast out. I promise to be home at a decent time but don't wait up for dinner," I said as I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "Bye, love you."

The two of us walked out the door and got in her car. She stopped at the cafe and I ordered a breakfast sandwich with a glass of chocolate milk and she ordered a blueberry muffin and a glass of apple juice. After we received our order she drove us to Port Angeles.

She parked the car outside of a cute boutique. She tried on every dress that was her size before deciding that none of them were what she wanted. So we moved on to the next dress shop. She picked three dresses to try on before walking to the back of the store to the fitting room I walked around looking at the variety of dresses. None of the newer dresses was my style. Skyla walked out of the dressing room in a plum two-piece.

"This is the one," she said as she twirled in front of the three-sided mirror

"You look beautiful," I admired.

"Did you find anything?"

"No." I looked out the window and saw a vintage clothing store across the street. "How about we try over there?" I said pointing to the shop.

"Sounds good. Let me pay and then we can go." She walked back into the dressing room and changed. Once she was done she paid for the dress and we walked to her car to put the dress in the back. We walked back to the vintage clothing store and she showed me the dresses that were in my size. At the very back of the rack, I found a white and teal dress. Thankfully it was in my size so I went into the dressing room and tried it on. It fit like a glove. I walked out of the dressing room to show Skyla.