winners number 3 and 4

Charlie walked into the house and closed the door behind him. Under his arm was a newspaper that he had fished out of a public bin. He handed to his dad before sitting at the table.

"Come on then, who's found it?" Grandpa Joe asked excitedly

"The third ticket was found by a miss Violet Beauregard" Mr Bucket told them all in a monotone voice while unfolding the paper.

Interview:

Mrs Beauregard: "These are just some of the awards that my Violet had won" she gestured to the many trophy cabinets around them.

Violet: "I'm a gum chewer, mostly, but when I heard about these ticket things I layed if the gum, switched to candy bars" she told them while chewing some gum.

Mrs Beauregard: "She's just a driven woman, I don't know where she gets it"

Violet: "I'm the junior world champion gum chewer, this piece of gum in chewing right at this moment I've been working on for three months solid, that's a record"

Mrs Beauregard: "Of course I did have my share of trophies" she gestured to two batons on the wall in a cross shape "Mostly baton"

Violet: "So there's this one kid that's gonna get a special prize, I don't care who those other four are, that kid, it's gonna be me"

Mrs Beauregard: "Tell them why violet"

Violet: "Because I'm a winner"

"What a beastly girl"

"Despicable"

"You don't even know what we're talking about"

"Dragonflies?"

Lilith and Charlie giggled a little at their grandma's actions, Lilith ended up getting kicked for it.

Reporter: "But wait, this just in, the fourth ticket has been found by a boy named Mike Teevee"

There were loud video game sound going off in the background of the interview coming from the TV that Mike was playing a game on.

Mike: "All you had to do was check the manufacturering dates, of set by weather and the derivative of the necadecs, a retard could have figured it out"

Mr. Teevee: "Half the time we have no idea what he's talking about, kids these days with all the technology -"

Mike: "die, die, die!"

Mr. Teevee: "It doesn't seem like they stay kids very long"

Mike: "In the end I only had to buy one candy bar"

Reporter: "And how did it taste?"

Mike: "I don't know, I hate chocolate"

That sent grandpa George off and he went on a rant about how ungreatful the boy is which included many swear words. Charlie's ears were covered so he heard nothing but Lilith heard it all and was a little shocked about how many profanities he could fit in a couple sentences.

Reporter: "The question is, who will be the winner of the last gol-"

Charlie turned of the small TV.

"Dad?"

"Yes Charlie"

"Why aren't you at work?"

The two parents subtly glanced at eachother and Lilith quietly listened in, she had been wondering the same thing.

"Oh erm, the toothpaste factory thought they'd give me a little time off"

"Like sumer vacation?"

"Sure.......something like that"

In truth he had been eliminated, the factory had actually begun to use robots that the company had payed for with the extra money they were recently earning meaning that they had no use for the workers anymore.

While their parents were talking outside in the back garden, grandpa Joe called the two children over to him. Unlike the other adults Joe loved his granddaughter and treated her well, he had always wanted a granddaughter.

The children walked over and stood by his side of the bed. He reached into his robe pocket and took out 'his secret hoard' as he called it.

"We are going to have on last fling at finding that last ticket"

"Are you sure you want to spend your money on that grandpa?" Charlie asked him.

"Of course I'm sure, here, run down to the nearest store and by the first Wonka bar you see, bring it straight back and we'll open it together.

Charlie took the money, grabbed his sister's hand and left the house.

"Such good children really.....such good kids" grandpa Joe nurtured to himself before drifting off.

Not long later he was been shaken awake by Lilith and Charlie was whisper shouting his name. He woke with a start.

"Grandpa you fell asleep"

"Have you got it?"

Lilith handed the chocolate bar to her grandpa and he softly patted her head she flinched at first but didn't move away from his hand.

"Which end should we open first?"

"Just do it quick, like a band aid"

Charlie and grandpa Joe began to unwrrap both ends and all three of them closed there eyes in anticipation. The hesitated but framed there eyes open to see. Nothing. Just chocolate.