Today's the day

At five to ten all five golden ticket winners and there guests stood in a row outside the gates of the factory. They all looked at eachother, checking out the competition before turning to face forwards again. Lily and Charlie stood at one of the ends of the horizontal line. Next to them stood the rich British girl they had seen on Tv.

Veruca kept side eyeing the bucket children and crinkling her nose and when she looked to her right where Charlie stood with his sister for the hundredth time Charlie decided to make an effort so he looked at her as well and smiled. This did not have the desired effect though as she scowled and him then looked up at her father.

"Daddy I don't want to stand next to these people, they smell funny"

Mr. Salt immediately switched places with his daughter both now glaring at the children. Lilith hung her head and let her hair fall across her face so that they couldn't see her eyes, she didn't to be the center of attention. Charlie took her small hand in his own and squeezed it trying to offer her comfort which she gladly took. He leaned down a little and whispered in her ear.

"Ignore them Lils, there just rich snobs" in return he got a small giggle from her.

"Daddy I want to go in"

"It's 9:59 sweetheart"

"Make time go faster"

"Charlie do you think Mr Wonka will remember grandpa if we tell him about him?" Lilith's quiet little voice whispered.

"Maybe Lily, but it was a long time ago"

Agustus just looked up at the gates greedily easting his chocolate bar.

"Eyes on the prize Violet. Eyes on the prize"

Suddenly the gates slowly began to open and a loud voice boomed out form some loud speakers.

"Please enter"

They all quickly rushed through the gates smiling excitedly.

"Come forward"

They all walked forward staying in their horizontal line.

"Close the gates"

The gates slowly closed locking them all in.

"Dear visitors it is my great pleasure to welcome you to my humble factory, and who am I well....."

The large front doors opened reveling some bright red curtains. The curtains  opened to reveal a stage with small animatronics on and music began to play.

Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka
The amazing chocolatier
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka
Everybody give a cheer
Horray!

He's modest, clever and so smart
He barley can restrain it
With so much generosity
There is no where to contain it

To contain, to contain, to contain

Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka
He's the one that your about to meet
Willy Wonka, Willy Wonka
He's a genius who just can't be beat
A magician and a chocolate Wiz
He's the best darn guy who ever lived
Willy Wonka here he is

All of a sudden sparks went off scaring little Lilith causing her to bury her face in her brother's side who put a comforting arms around her.

The heat from the sparks began to set the puppets on fire and they slowly began to stop moving and singing  and melt.

Suddenly there was clapping and laughter On Lilith's right making her jump and little and everyone turned to see a man stood there who wasn't there before.

"Wasn't that just magnificent, I was worried it was getting a little dodgy in that middle part, but that finalie, wow"

He walked forward onto the steps and turned to face all of the parents and children. When he saw Lilith and Charlie his gaze seemed to linger on her them a little bit longer. His thoughts were soon interrupted though went a rude voice spoke up from the line.

"Who are you?"

"He's Willy Wonka!" Charlie said.

There was a moment of aukward silence. No one knowing what to do or say so Willy Wonka just said the first thing that came to mind.

"Good morning starshine the earth days hello" he  blurted out rather nervously but then regretted it as more silence followed. He pulled some cards out form his coat that he had just remembered were there and read them aloud.

"Dear guests, greetings, welcome to the factory. I shake you warmly by the hand"

He extended his hand out that was covered by a purple latex glove but brought it back when no one went forwards to shake it.

"My name is Willy Wonka"

"Then shouldn't you be up there" Veruca rudely pointed out gesturing to the throne in the middle of the stage.

"Well I couldn't very well watch the show from up there now could I little girl"

"Excuse me, Mr Wonka could Lily ask you a question"

Mr Wonka turned to Charlie.

"Of course!"

He walked over to them and leaned down a little.

They all turned their attention to the small girl at then end of the row causing her to become anxious. Lily hesitated, she got scared when meeting new people but she had promised her grandpa that she would ask him.

"Sorry Sir she's just a little shy, go on Lils it's alright"

She looked up at the tall candy man through the long blonde hair that was still draped over her face and mustered up all the courage she had and spoke in a little voice.

"Erm I'm not sure if you remember but....my grandpa Joe used to work at your factory a long time ago"

Wonka's demenour suddenly changed and he looked down at the little girl very seriously.

"Was he one of those despicable spies who every day tried to steal my life's work and sell it to those parasitic copy cat, candy making cads"

Her eyes widened and she hid be hind her brother peeking her head out a little. That didn't go the way she wanted it to. Wonka's face softened when he saw that she had gotten scared. Charlie ended up answering for her since she probably was going to say anything else for a while now.

"No sir, he would never"

He then went back to Being all happy and cheerful as if someone had flipped a switch on his mood.

"Good then I hope he's going well, lets get a move in kids"

He turned on his heel and walked forward across the stage and inside the factory, avoiding the hiring puppets and everyone else quickly followed.