Fireflies

We lay there under a tree, in her soft pink blanket, with the kitten sleeping between us. She's not a stranger is she?

"Are you a kidnapper?" she laughed, as she furrowed her eyebrows. Brushing her hair off her face, she sat and looked at me. "What do you think?"

"Maybe? You know, looks could be pretty deceiving," I snickered as a dimple appeared on her left cheek. Aww.

"You better go home before someone thinks I kidnapped you," she joked, as I noticed that her knuckles were sore. She hid it behind her back, as I forcefully gripped her arm. "What's this?"

"You'd never want to know," she replied shortly, before looking the other way.

"So, which school do you go to?" I tried initiating the conversation that had just died.

"Prescott High, and you?" We go to the same school, that's nice.

"Same! We should hang out sometimes," I said in a flirty tone, as she nodded. "Certainly."

Not trying to get caught, I bid my goodbye to her and made my way back to the cabin, just to see everyone gathered in the living room. They were all surprised to see me messy.

"Chloe, we need to talk," Brianna said as she surprisingly wrapped her arms around me and buried her head on my chest like she always does. I arched my eyebrows.

"I'm sorry I pushed you, I thought it was fun," she feign guilt. She saved me and I actually saved her. No one was allowed to be in the rooftop though. "I told them about it, don't worry, no lies like I said."

Okay she was literally saying a lot of words that our parents were already suspecting her. To keep the water warm, I pushed her off me, as she fell on the counter. "Chloe that's not what a good lady does!"

"Mom, I'm not a good girl, and she deserves it. She hurt me and broke my heart," Half of it was real. I knew that she knows I was not lying. That's why she looked away, she can't stand seeing me ranting my feelings in front of everyone. I know just how to hurt her feelings like how she hurt mine.

"Feelings?" Dad spoke, as I shook my head and went to my designated room.

Sleeping it off would somehow help. At least that's what I think.

Long drive home, luckily Brianna didn't ruin my sleep and she wasn't in the same van as where I am. I feel sorry though, she didn't deserve what I did. Just a long drive and some peacefulness that I badly need.

"Good morning class, regarding the project, I'm going to call names and please step forward so I could give you the papers," Mrs. Sullivan announces, as she narrowed her eyes while reading the list.

"Okay, let's start with Dublin and Sydney," she announced as two tall girls walked on their way beside her table. Giving them ten pages of the project, they went back to their seats as she proceeded calling us.

"Lauren, you're with Camila," she says as the two glared at each other. If looks could kill, they would have killed each other.

"Next is, Reece and Sabrina,"

"James and Joyce," she rolled her eyes in annoyance. James is not a very nice guy, everyone knew it. And we won't even expect him to help her with it. Poor her, she's always so stressed out.

"Dalton," what a surname, madam. "Brianna and Dalton." I thought this class was on first name basis? I'm annoyed.

"But I don't have a partner yet!" Lucy complained, in her sass self.

"I'm sorry I'm late!" Jane. Jane is taking this class too? I haven't seen her around since the first day.

"Ms. Alba, I wonder why I never saw your presence since first day?" Jane nervously looked around the room, and stopped when she saw me. Smiling, I waved at her as our strict Science teacher scoffed.