Begin Again

Losing my heart— I meant my phone in the midst of nowhere in an island shouldn't be a problem since my friend and my husband by papers are all here yet here I am, panicking as if it was such a big deal.

Meh, it's just a phone.

Wait— my phone is my heart, argh.

"I lost my fucking phone!" I shouted, as I gave up and sat on the seashore, for sure Brianna would like it here.

I mean, it's beautiful in here and the scenery is everything. Sure she would capture everything in here. It's so breathtaking.

I just hope to see the cheap ring on her finger.

"Well girl have you tried finding it in your room?!" Lauren shouted, helping me to find it too.

"She's a lazy ass so don't expect her to do that!" Joyce retorted as I groaned out loud, burying my feet under the cold sand.

As the sky grew darker, the sea went on high tide, indicating for me to go home. But I'm already home, aren't I?

Or if it means being in those pair of loving—

"Chloe! I've been looking for you," Damien rushed to place his arms around me, I stiffened.

"Well I've been looking for my phone," I explained, as a big wave came through us, soaking our clothes. I felt something on my foot.

And there it was, an empty beer bottle with a parchment inside. I thought these only happens in the movies.

I picked it up, as I went on the farther space in which the waves won't reach me, as Damien followed.

My eyes wandered around the paper, seeing a sloppy handwriting which looked like mine. Brianna has a good handwriting though, like the fonts commonly used in books.

I felt pain in my chest as I read the letter, I guess whoever wrote this was in agony.

To the woman who lend me an umbrella under the rain,

I wonder when will I see you again?
After the night that we kissed you disappeared
You made me think where I went wrong,
When in reality I found out you were with someone else 

Why was it so easy for you to throw it all away?
After every struggle and conflict that we faced together,
How were you to think of leaving me in the midst of nothing?
'Cause I'm the only lady in the family to fall in love with a woman.

That sucks. The thought suddenly made me miss my sister. After everything, she was just forced to lie to me. I hate liars, but she's an exception.

"What does it says?" he asked, peeking.

"Nothing," I placed the parchment back inside the bottle, pressing the cork as I threw the bottle away.

That umbrella woman must be able to read the message. Tsk, why would she choose someone else? Or maybe the one who wrote it was drunk?

"Let's buy something for dinner and go home?" I nodded as he helped me up.

He improved a lot ever since we went here, he wasn't choosy or picky anymore and he learned how to use his money and his heart.

Tell you what, he looked a lot like Zedd now. His beautiful eyes and everything. And our love for each other is totally platonic.

We had some agreements about me letting him date anyone he likes, and him letting me spend some alone time at the beach. Trust me, he's a nice guy and I just didn't see it when he was my date on my sister's party, because I was busy finding my actual date.