Two Ghosts

Just 5 years.

I will be faithful for us.

Why were those words too easy for her to say?

I can't even tell her I love her looking into her eyes, having no assurance if there would still be a next time and a future ahead us. Our future together.

Living in a cozy house with dogs and a fridge full of chocolates and sweet treats. A master's bedroom where we could hold each other as long as we want to. Our space for our arts. Jacuzzi—enough, she's leaving. We're parting ways. Stop those thoughts.

I'm getting married, of course she'll leave me. She'll find another man or woman and live with that person happily ever after yay while me I'm going to be tied up with this young man who can't even do the dishes. I can't believe I'm staying with someone whom I don't even feel romantically attracted with.

He's good looking, but unfortunately, I only got my eyes on that specific salmon with a very scientific mindset and knows how to treat me like the way I really want to.

"Chloe Zei, come here with me." Brianna says, tugging me slowly to sit beside her, with her feet covered by the sand of the beach.

She was wearing a hat to protect her face from the sunlight, yet here I am wearing a two-piece, exposing my short legs and not so toned chest.

"Red, can we stay like this until the sunset?" she looked at me intently as she nodded. Just by looking at her now already makes me want to escape with her. Living with a family full of lies is already killing me. I didn't had any idea that the only real good things I have are my best friends and my so called girlfriend.

"I'll miss you," my voice cracked, as tears stream down my face, as I quickly cupped my face and hugged my knees. I heard her took a deep breath, before wrapping her arms around me.

"I'll miss you more," she replied, burying her chin above my shoulder, with her arms on my tummy. "This is why I asked you for closure."

"This is why I didn't gave you the closure," I mumbled, as the cold wind blew against us and her digital wrist watch rang, saying it's already 6 pm.

"I want a closure." her voice cracked by saying that.

"No, we're in this together," I held her hands, as she let me squeeze them as I cry.

"5 years is not a joke." she frowned as tears started to form and circle around her beautiful brown orbs.

"But you said you will be faithful for us?" I let her hands go, placing my chin above my cold knees.

"I've thought about it overnight and I think it's best if we break apart, you won't wanna feel tortured about having a girlfriend who lives a thousand miles away," she explained briefly, caressing my cheeks.

"If it would feel like dying while in process of improving us, I would take it, by hook or by crook," tears escaped my eyes even more, as she held me tight, kissing my forehead.

"No, you don't know what you're saying,"

"Why don't you just be my last hope like you were when I was broke?" my voice cracked that she understood half of what I said.

"Chloe, love isn't all about holding onto each other and hopes, long distance isn't a joke,"

"And what are we?! Are we a joke to you? Those kisses and touches? What the hell are we?!" I exclaimed, as I clenched my fists.

"We are nothing more than friends Dalton!" she never called me by my surname unless she's real mad. Oh.

"K, bye friend," I said before struggling to get out of her arms. She spun me around, leaning her forehead against mine, as she stood.