Unexpected White Veil

"For fuck's sake, we're running late!" I panicked as I hung my necktie around the collar of our uniform, before hurrying as Lae threw the key of her motorcycle on my direction.

"We're going to be late anyways, let's ditch the first period?" she grinned, which must mean a yes.

Sitting at the riverside is my always mood.

"Ms. Chloe?" Mrs. Sullivan called me, did she think my parents would actually name me Dalton?

It's an excuse if I was a boy but hey, my mother can't even accept the fact that I'm into girls.

"Well, er, Mrs. Sullivan, that's my name and Dalton is my surname." I patiently explained, this old woman needs to know that.

"I didn't asked, you impolite scum!" she angrily shouted at me, as I heard laughters from my classmates.

"I was just saying!" I replied, hearing more laughters.

"Detention!" she shouted back, as Brianna stood, everyone suddenly went quiet.

"No offense but you ain't got the rights to humiliate her!" everyone was still silent. "I'm dropping this class, come with me Chloe."

She gripped my arm tight, before slamming the door closed.

Groaning, I yanked her hand away, as she rolled her eyes. "You do realize I saved you huh? Many times!" I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"I don't care, I don't want an argument with someone who has a narrow mind!" she held my shoulders tight.

"Thank me later," she said, before leaving me all alone outside the room. She ran the other way, but I'm not going to chase her, bruh. Who does she think she is?

"Lauren! Be honest with me!" I freaked out, as she continued munching. She just arched her eyebrows before continuing her meal.

"What was the accident I was involved in?!" she choked on her drink, as Joyce tapped her back lightly, giving her a cup of water.

"Why do you want to know it so bad?!" Joyce complained.

"Well I deserve to know the reason why I ended up being like this and in this school!"

"Okay! Calm down, you're surely going to dump us after you found out," she said, as I narrowed my eyes in agape.

"Your ex-girlfriend helped you sneaked out of your respective house," Lauren started, as I nodded as a cue for her to continue.

"You ended up having twenty stitches in a hospital room, the end." Joyce said, before pulling Lauren away from me as they left me alone in our table. Why were they so selfish of the truth?

Didn't someone said truth will set you free?

I'm dying to know what was the accident and how bad it was that I lost most of my memories.

I threw my bag beside my bed, before sitting on my study table and crying. Loosening my necktie, I threw away my cardigan and boots.

I pulled my hair in desperateness, as I clenched my fists and punched my mirror. The glass broke into pieces, as blood dripped from my knuckles. I was crying. I can't believe it.

I let myself lay down beside the scattered pieces, clenching my fist angrily.

"What the hell?!" Lae exclaimed as she quickly ran into me and pulled me away from the glasses. "What happened?"

"Nothing," I replied, as she held my chin. "It doesn't seem nothing."

"I just wanted to know the truth, nothing else." Why is everyone taking my truth away? Why were they forbidding my rights to know?