Depth of Agony

I sat straight as I flipped my pillow to the dry and cold side, as I yawned and stretched my arms and thighs. I glanced at my alarm clock, 1:29 am.

This shit is getting in my nerves, tomorrow is already the graduation day, and I should be happy before I study in Manila.

Yes—my Harvard and Princeton dream just vanished and I'm forbidden to go to the school where Zeff and Brianna would study. Luckily I could still have Joyce and Lauren with me, and since Joyce is half-Filipino, she could protect us from the people who takes advantage of the foreigners or any scammer out there.

I'd rather go to a country with a thousand of islands and explore more. My one dollar here is fifty pesos there, how cool is that? We could afford to rent an apartment and have an outing every after our exams, that would be so cool.

Oh— only one thing is that my father made me promise to be with Damien.

Anyway, let me sleep it off, wondering how I won't talk to Brianna if we are practically the top notchers of our class and we're supposed to have a speech together. Together.

What if it becomes too awkward? Well it's not like we're out together, only my friends and family knows about my gender identity.

But everyone knew that she's into girls when she almost killed Tim at the party, that perverted guy. And she announced it when we were in 8th grade, on the speakers, loud and clear, she said, "Hey it's Red, and I'm in love with that lady who wears her jacket as an expression of style, she's aesthetic."

And when we were in Home Economics, I remembered I was trying to cut the whole chicken into pieces as many as I can, and her pleasing me to let her do it.

She screamed and since everyone was busy, I figured it was my turn to take care of her, well, not long until she faced me and showed me her index finger and thumb crossed as if it was a heart.

I just can't with this woman, she's just so powerful and in control of everything.

Why am I even thinking about those thoughts? We weren't going to communicate for long, and the fact that I'll be married in two months is crazy.

I was done.

I'm ditching the graduation if it means avoiding her all the time on stage.

Kidding. I won't ditch it, I worked for it and I will use it as an advantage to get to talk to her. Maybe she's just as excited as I am.

"Wake up bitch, just wake up!" as I opened my eyes, my friends came into my view, already wearing their togas, panicking how they would wake me up.

My parents and sister did their promise to not give me a ride on the way to our graduation. Because hey I was honestly planning not to attend but fuck that, I'm gonna use that opportunity.

"Shut up bitches your bitch didn't had enough sleep," I replied as they practically drag me to the bathroom and threw my towel right on my face.

"Well I wonder why?" Lauren feign concern as she fixed my eyebrows.

"I was just thinking about some stuff," I mumbled, as I finally wore my toga and the hat. Geez. We snapped some photos before we went down and went to our ride.

"And for now, the top notchers of class A, let's give a round of applause for Ms. Dalton and Ms. Larsson," claps were heard everywhere. I didn't knew from which side should I enter, either ways, they're just going to clap.

I awkwardly took my steps as I bumped into someone. I apologized without looking up, as she grabbed my forearm. "Let's walk the stage together."

I smiled, as she returned a contagious one, as we intertwine our hands, causing some cheers from our friends. I didn't dare to look at my family, I've had enough of their instructions.