Home At Last

Keychains.

Cheap rings.

Polaroids.

Friends.

Crowd.

Perfect sky.

Slow and gentle waves of the beach.

I smiled upon reminiscing the scenario in my head, wondering if she made importance to them as much as I did.

Or if she was already too busy with her professional life.

"Close your eyes." she said, as she placed a blindfold on my eyes.

"Sit." she commanded, as I sat on her office chair.

"Now, listen to every words I say, if you remember any of it, squeeze my hand." she said softly, as she sat next to me.

"Eyeglasses." Of course! She was Ms. Geek since forever! She just wore contact lenses in High School.

I squeezed her hand.

"64 crayons set." Kindergarten, when my life was much easier and I was so young. I broke her crayons and she cried so hard that our classmates teased her.

My punishment was to stand with a book in my head and my hands, I was careful for the books to not fall apart. That shit made my muscles hurt.

I squeezed her hand.

"What's this for?" I asked, as I heard her giggle. "Secret, trust me."

"Now, a caramel chewy candy?" I ate all her candies to make her look like a fool. I loved that feeling.

I intertwined my hand with hers.

"Seriously don't make this any longer, Lae needs me too."

"Okay, now, coffees?" I took off my blindfold as I stand up.

"You spilled your coffee on my white blouse!" I replied, pinning her against the wall. "I did."

"Now Miss Archer, what's the point of this all?" she pointed to her own table, as I glanced at it. "Look."

A lot of picture of us as little kids are attached on her wall and under her glass table.

Our stolen shot as teenagers in which I danced with her at the prom was in a picture frame. She was wearing braces and her nice red dress as I wore a nice black one.

Next to it was our first ever photo as kindergartens, with our hands intertwined as we're giving each other cheeky smiles.

The next one made my heart melt. It's a polaroid of the night when we kissed with our middle fingers up.

She held my hand, as she hugged me from behind. She placed her chin above my shoulder. "You smell like chocolates again."

"You smell like vanilla as always," I retorted, as she held my waist and spin me around.

"I missed this Chloe Zei who kissed me when she broke my pencil," she whispered softly into my ears.

I was crying and at loss for words.

She didn't cheated and all?

"I missed the Red who pushed me in the mud when she thought I stole another granola bar from her pink princess purse." I replied, as I slightly turned to her.

"I-I made a mistake when you were gone," her voice cracked, as I let her bury her head on my chest like she always did ever since.

"What happened with Tim?"