2| Let Me Help You

Gadget's POV ⚙️

Once I threw the dirty bandages away, I went in the bathroom to wash my hands before heading over and sitting back down at the foot of the bed after putting the first aid kit away.

Then I noticed Infinite was sitting up on the bed, hugging his knees a bit, as he had his chin resting on them.

I can tell that Infinite's still afraid and doesn't trust me, because he hasn't stopped trembling one bit and he wasn't looking at me in direct eye contact either.

Along with the fact his ears were flattened down, like as if he was ashamed of himself for joining forces with Eggman, doing all of the criminal things that he's done, participating in the war, and using his "Virtual Sun" resulting in almost nearly burning all of us alive until we were dead or reduced to ashes.

Well, if I didn't have stopped it from happening to us, that is.

I sighed a little bit before pulling Infinite into a hug, being really gentle with him since he was still injured.

Infinite could only look over at me, unfazed and emotionless at my response.

"Wh-What are you - - ?" He began to ask before I interrupted him.

"Infinite, it's okay. You can trust me. I promise that I won't hurt you. I can understand how hard it is for you to suffer after all of what's happened and what you've been going through until now." I said to him gently.

"Whatever you're feeling or if something's bothering you, just let it all out...You don't need to hold anything back anymore.

I'll give you comfort and keep all of this a secret. Just between you and me, together. I won't tell anyone about it. So, please, let me help you..."

Infinite's POV

I could only just remain there still, after Gadget said that.

But, that didn't even bother me not one bit, until after I started thinking it over for a while.

Eventually, it got to the point to where I couldn't keep anything hidden from anyone anymore. I hugged Gadget back and buried my face into his chest before I began crying.

Getting anything emotionally off of my chest.

Crying because I was afraid along with being hugged for the very first time in my life.

As for Gadget, he began rubbing my back soothingly while I cried.

Eventually, I stopped crying and sniffed a little before relaxing as Gadget parted from hugging, wiping the tears from my eyes, as he gave me a comforting smile.

"It'll be okay, Infinite...For now, just get yourself plenty of rest for as long as you need to...Okay?" Gadget says.

I nodded in response for one last time until I leaned forward a bit and dozed off from the warmth of his body, while my head was resting comfortably on Gadget's shoulder

Not wanting to be separated from him no matter what.

After sleeping for a few more hours, I woke up again and looked around, searching for Gadget, before my ear twitched a little at the sound of running water, coming from inside the bathroom.

Looks like I answered my own question.

"He's probably taking a shower..." I thought to myself before looking at the ceiling, already feeling bored easily.

Minutes later, Gadget was out of the bathroom, currently wearing a green hoodie with black comfortable sweatpants.

I'm guessing they're his lounge clothes.

"Oh! Infinite! You're awake. Did you sleep well?" Gadget asked before chuckling.

I nodded in response to his question.

"I'm glad..." He says before sitting down over at his desk and letting out a relaxed sigh.

I sat up carefully, thinking about something for a bit before silently looking at Gadget.

"Zero..."

"What?" Gadget asked as he turned over to look at me.

"My real name's Zero..."