10| Hoping For Forgiveness And Trust

Gadget's POV ⚙️

Then I heard Zero sigh a little.

"Okay." He went before pouting, obviously not happy about the fact that we're going to the resistance base tomorrow.

"Hey, don't be like that...If everything goes smoothly, I'll make it up to you by getting some ice cream. How does that sound?" I said, hoping to cheer him up.

"Okay! I'm fine by that." Zero says as the tone in his voice suddenly changed while his ears perked up.

I chuckled a bit over at his sudden reaction, seeing that the ice cream trick worked, before I kissed him on the forehead.

"Alrighty, then...Let's get some rest." I mentioned before taking my glasses off.

Zero turned the lamp off for me after I lied down before he lied down too.

"Hey, Gadget?"

"Mm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Do you think the resistance would let me join forces with them? Because, I've been thinking about it for a while and decided to turn over a new leaf." Zero asked after he rolled over on the bed to look at me.

"I'm pretty sure they might let you. I can't be 100% guaranteed about it though." I answered. "But, I seriously really do hope that they'll trust you enough to let you join."

"Gaia, I hope so too." I heard him say to himself under his breath.

"So, when we're out in public tomorrow, do you want me to call you by your cover up name or just stick with your real name?" I asked.

"You can call me Zero in private and out in public but when we're at the resistance base, just call me Infinite instead, okay? I know Sonic and the others are probably used to calling me Infinite by now." Zero answered.

"Okay. That's all I needed to know." I said before closing my eyes and rolling over. "Good night, Zero."

I heard him chuckle a little before he pulled me close to his body.

"Good night, love..." I heard him reply before we both dozed off peacefully.

-Next Day-

Zero's POV

I woke up and yawned a little to the sound of water running before noticing that Gadget wasn't in the bed.

I already figured that he's in the shower after the first time I was looking for him.

"Heh. Hygienic little wolf. I don't blame him though." I thought to myself before smirking.

Then I checked my injuries, seeing that they're fully healed, before I started taking the bandages off and throwing them away in the garbage can.

"Oh! Looks like you're awake." I heard Gadget say, making me jolt a little, after I gotten off and threw away the last bandage.

"Would you stop scaring me like that? Jeez...You're almost like a ninja, I swear." I said after looking at him over my shoulder.

He chuckled a bit before walking over to me, since he was dressed.

"Sorry." Gadget replied before sticking his tongue out at me in a playful manner.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Ever since you started taking the bandages off."

My face turned a little red in embarrassment after he said that.

"I'm gonna go take a shower as well...I've hadn't had one since yesterday." I said, changing the topic, before I got up and stretched the tiredness out of me a little bit.

"I'll get you some clothes for ya to wear...What's your size?" Gadget mentions before asking.

I started to think before remembering and telling him my clothes size.

"I'll see if I can find any of my old clothes that have that size. If I don't, then, I'll run to the store and get you some along with a new pair of shoes." He mentions. "I already know what's your shoe size, the other ones look old."