16| What Am I Gonna Do?

Zero's POV

Then Sonic and Silver nodded their heads before leaving.

After they left, I sighed a little as I stared at the blankets, thinking about what happened.

So many things are happening to me just right in front of my eyes.

And the dice is still being rolled, deciding on my fate of what'll happen to me.

Will I be forgiven and become a part of the resistance, getting to be with Gadget forever....

Or....

Will I won't be forgiven and get sent to prison resulting in Gadget quitting the resistance, helping me escape, and going into hiding.

After thinking for a while, one of the nurses came up to me and said I can leave before giving me some medicine.

I took the medication and swallowed it before getting a drink of water and leaving the infirmary after I grabbed my things.

Once I was out of the infirmary, I walked down the hallways before sitting on a bench, feeling unsure about where should I go.

Until I noticed Sonic walking over to me.

"Heya, Infinite! What are you doing out here sitting on the bench?" Sonic greeted before asking me.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Just thinking. I don't know what I should do now that I'm out of the infirmary..." I replied.

"You wanna head over to the cafeteria and get some lunch? Everyone'll be there." Sonic offered.

I looked at him and hesitated for a moment until I nodded.

Huh...Now that I think of it...I hadn't eaten anything ever since I passed out from hyperventilation and was at the infirmary for a while.

"We already have a room set up for ya to stay in, since you'll be here for a while until Silver brings you over to interrogation room." Sonic mentions.

I was silent for a bit until I thanked him as we arrived at the cafeteria.

Then we grabbed a tray and picked out some food (of our choices) before getting the silverware and finding a table to sit at.

I'm guessing it's an everyday thing for him because Sonic went over to where his friends were at and sat down with them before they started hanging out and chatting to each other while eating their food.

I wasn't so sure where was I gonna sit, so I just sat down with them as Vector came over and sat next to me.

I looked at my food and just started picking at it lazily out of boredom, before I finally decided to eat since my mind was filled with so many thoughts and questions.

Everything was going alright and smoothly until trouble started while I was almost finished eating my food.

Shadow came over and sat down at the seat across from me before he started talking about the topics that happened to me during the war that I was really sensitive and didn't want to be reminded about.

Triggering my rage.

I was trying my best to keep my anger under control, until he said something that sounded like he was saying how weak me and my squad were.

Then that's when I couldn't control my rage anymore.

"THEY WERE NOT WEAK FROM THE VERY BEGINNING!" I screamed at Shadow as I slammed my hands on the table, causing everyone to stop talking and turn their heads to look at us, noticing what was happening between me and Shadow.

"THEY MEANT EVERYTHING TO THE WORLD TO ME AND WERE THE ONLY ONES WHO I COULD CALL A FAMILY!"

"They weren't even good at fighting. All they did was stand there and stare." Shadow added.

"THAT'S BECAUSE YOU KILLED THEM! YOU KILLED MY SQUAD!" I shot back.

And before anyone could say anything, I unconsciously had summoned in the power of the Phantom Ruby, and slammed a pie in Shadow's face.