8| The Reason Why I Saved Zero's Life

Gadget's POV ⚙️

I grew surprised after Zero grabbed my hand to stop me for a moment before we both blushed a little.

His hand felt cool and soft.

I never even knew that Zero's hands were so soft, just exactly like mine is.

"What is it?" I asked as I looked over at him, my face still a little bit red in embarrassment.

"U-Umm...Can you sleep with me tonight?" Zero asked sheepishly, before letting go of my hand.

"Why?"

"Because...um...I..." He began before trailing off as the tips of his ears and face started to turn red a little in embarrassment.

"Sure. I'll sleep with you." I answered, seeing and understanding that Zero was starting to feel really shy.

"Th-Thank you...Gadgey..." I heard him say, making me freeze a little in my tracks after I heard him say that, once I picked up and putted the dishes in the tray as I stood up and was about to head out the bedroom door.

"Did you just call me...Gadgey?" I asked as I turned to look at Zero.

"Y-Yeah...I did." He answered. "Wh-Why? You don't like it?"

"No, it's okay. I like it, Zero. Honestly. I really do." I replied as I sweat dropped a little.

"Alright...Thank you. I'm glad you like it..." Zero says before he smiled a tiny bit again.

I smiled in return, thinking of how cute it is when he smiles. Even if it's just a small smile, it's still cute.

Once I went downstairs, cleaned the dishes up, and putted them away I headed back upstairs to relax and give Zero comfort if he needed to be.

Zero must've been deep into a thought or something like that, because when I came back, he suddenly flinched a little after I knocked on the bedroom door to get his attention.

"Ah! Oh...Gadgey. I didn't see you. You startled me for a minute there." He went.

"Whoops! Sorry about that, Infy. Didn't mean to startle you like that." I replied as I rubbed my head sheepishly.

"Did you just call me Infy?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Sure...Why not?" I answered. "Gotta nickname you something after you gave me one, can't I?"

"Yeah. I suppose you're right." He replies.

I smirked before walking over and sat down next to him.

Everything was silent for a while until Zero looked at me.

"Hey...Gadget?"

"Yeah?"

"Why?...did you, save me?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"When I tried to commit suicide on myself, you immediately hurried over to me and grabbed my wrist before knocking me out." Zero explained. "Why did you do that?"

I sighed a little before turning myself around to face him.

Looks like I have no choice but to tell him the truth and confess. Feelings and everything.

"Look. You probably may think I'm crazy or reject me and all of that, but...I did that to save your life. You deserve to live." I said.

"But - - " Zero began until I interrupted him by putting my finger on his lips.

"Lemme finish. I wanted you to live, that's why I said that you deserved to." I continued.

"Zero, ever since when we first met each other before you teamed up with Eggman, became someone else, and lost the war until the day you saved my life...I've had powerful feelings towards you.

You're welcome to do whatever you want to me...Even if it includes hating me...But, I've had a crush on you for a very long time.

I couldn't tell you this, because I was really shy and afraid that you would reject me and say something pretty cruel and homophobic to me.

But, I've always wanted to ask you if...you would want to be my boyfriend?"