7| Will They Forgive Me?

Zero's POV

I quickly turned away and hid my face in my hands out of embarrassment after shoving Gadget away from me.

Gadget was so close, it almost felt like he was gonna pin me down on the bed gently and kiss me right on the lips.

But, for some strange reason, I felt a really powerful urge in wanting to be pinned down on the bed and getting kissed by Gadget.

I couldn't possibly be falling in love with him...Could I?

I mean, why would anybody like Gadget, fall in love with someone like me, who almost tried to kill everyone in the war?

And I'm a war criminal on top of that!

I felt myself beginning to panic a little as I had the blanket wrapped around myself again.

"Zero? What's the matter?" Gadget asked as he got himself up from the floor.

"W-Would everyone ever forgive me?" I asked as I looked at him, feeling scared.

"I'm sure they will, Zero. It'll just take some time for them to gain their trust towards you." Gadget answered as he looked back at me in return.

"What about the resistance?! Would they ever forgive me for all of the horrible stuff I've done to them as well?!?! I - - "

"ZERO! CALM DOWN!" Gadget yelled as he interrupted me by grabbing both of my shoulders before shaking me a little.

I instantly shutted myself up as I looked at him, shocked, because he's never yelled at me before.

Then he took his glasses off and closed his eyes before burying his face into his right hand.

I waited for Gadget to calm himself down a little as everything in the room was completely silent except for the sound of our breathing.

After waiting for a few minutes, I heard Gadget let out a small sigh until he putted his glasses back on and looked over at me.

"Zero? Look. I'm really sorry that I yelled at you. But, I promise you...Everything'll be okay. You just need to give it time.

I'm sure the resistance will forgive you for the crimes that you've committed. And, hopefully, you and Shadow can forgive each other too.

Also, I'm sorry about him as well...Shadow's really a nice guy if you get to know him better.

He just couldn't believe it over about what was happening.

Besides...If the resistance doesn't forgive you, I'll quit and we can run away from them together. We'll go into hiding and move into another city.

I'll make sure that our tracks will be completely covered and that we'll never be detected or found when we live in a new home too.

Even if they create a search party or ask G.U.N to help them look for us, I'll stay by your side until through the end of time. And even if it means life or death, I'll die along with you, so you'll never be alone." Gadget says as he rested his hands on my arms, being gentle with me.

I shutted my eyes and sighed a little before looking back at Gadget.

"Okay...I trust you. And I'm sorry too, Gadget." I say before we pulled each other into a hug.

Then Gadget smiled as he looked at me.

"Thank you for understanding, Zero..." He says as we parted.

I smiled a tiny bit at that before drinking myself some water.

"After you're done, I'll take the dishes into the kitchen and let you rest." Gadget mentioned as he stood up.

Before he could walk away from me, I grabbed his hand to stop him for a moment.

We both started blushing a little after I did that and when Gadget paused to turn around and look at me.

I never knew or realized that Gadget's hand would feel so warm and soft.