19| Decision

Zero's POV

After I wrote it all down and signed my name, I capped the pen and returned it to the albino hedgehog. Including the yellow sheet.

"Alright. You're free to go." Silver says before removing the restraints and opening the door for me.

I nodded before Tails took me away to the room that I'll be staying at, while I wait for my results about what the resistance is gonna do with me.

The thing that shocked me a little bit on the inside is that my room is right next to Gadget's.

"Here we are. Make yourself comfortable and get some rest until we decide what to do with you." Tails says as he unlocked the door, before handing me the key to my room.

I thanked him before I entered and closed the door behind me.

The first thing I did was head into the bathroom and took myself a nice, relaxing shower to clear my mind.

After being in there for a while, everything that's happened to me was forgotten for now.

Looks like it worked.

I looked at the clock and noticed that it was around later than I thought it was.

Along with the fact I hadn't eaten anything for dinner yet.

I sighed before changing into a clean pair of clothes and leaving the room.

As I was in the cafeteria to get some dinner of my choice, I suddenly to happened to overhear Sonic, Tails, Silver and Knuckles in a conversation after I requested the cook to have my dinner on the go, so, I could head on back to my room and eat in peace.

Curious, I decided to eavesdrop on them a little, while making it look like I wasn't focused on what they were talking about.

"Are you sure about this, Sonic?" Tails asked.

"Yeah. I dunno know how would Infinite react to this kind of news as soon as we tell him our decision." Knuckles added.

"Don't worry. I'm sure he'll be fine." Silver replies.

"Yeah, ever since Vector gave us the progress report about Infinite, I strongly feel and decided that he should have a second chance and join with us after all since he's changed and is well behaved. I give props to Silver though." Sonic says.

My eyes widened as I dropped my mouth open in shock.

Was I just hearing things or is it really true?!

"I forgive Infinite for what he's done after hearing everything about him and his past, along with his reasons of why he committed crimes and teamed up with Egghead and started the war." Sonic continued.

I closed my mouth shut after hearing that before I received my dinner.

Then I kept myself under control for as long and much as possible, while my body started to tremble, until I made it out of the cafeteria.

As soon as I was out, I just stood there in silence for a bit until I unleashed a really loud girlish squeal.

The squeal I made just now was so loud to the point that I was almost afraid for a moment that my squealing would've shattered the windows.

Lucky (and thankfully) for me, the windows didn't shatter or even cracked a little, after I stopped squealing.

Completely filled up with joy about the news I heard, I started skipping down the hallway, while saying "I'm so happy!!!" with a singsong tone in my voice.

I was receiving weird looks from others as I was skipping down the hallway, all the way back to my room, but I didn't care.

Right at the moment when I was back inside my room and I ate my dinner before throwing the trash away, I got up and immediately started blasting some music in the room before flipping the coffee table over in joy.