Heights

"You are afraid of heights," your voice carried that statement, softly etched with understanding. I smiled, a subtle acknowledgment of the truth you had so effortlessly grasped. It was true; my fear of heights had been a well-kept secret, but you seemed to know me better than I knew myself.

I turned to meet your gaze, my eyes searching for a connection beyond words. "I am," I admitted, my voice trembling slightly. "But do you know why?"

Curiosity danced in your eyes as you leaned in closer, eager for the revelation. "Why?" you asked, your voice tender and encouraging.

"Because of the thought that no one would catch me if I fall," I confessed, my voice barely a whisper, baring a vulnerability I had never shared with anyone else.

Silence hung in the air for a heartbeat, the weight of my admission settling between us. Then, in a swift and unexpected motion, you cupped my face gently with your hands, your touch electrifying. Your lips brushed against mine in a kiss that held promises of protection, understanding, and a love that defied my fears.

"You have nothing to be afraid of from now on," you whispered, your voice resonating with unwavering conviction. With a gentle squeeze of my hand, you affirmed that you were the safety net I had always longed for, the one who would catch me when I fell. And in that moment, high above the world, my fear of heights dissolved into the embrace of your love, and I knew I was finally home.