14

>>Word count; 1129<<

A/N; The way they wrote Carol this season pisses me off. Like i respect her and all pero cmon.. they did her dirty

~Katherine's pov~The next day~

We met up with Jerry, Connie and Magna in the woods. So it was now them, Daryl, Carol, Aaron and Myself. I couldn't really sleep last night because of the comment Luna made before i left. We did come across the field but there were no walkers there, it was completely empty with no sign of them. So we were now looking for Lydia. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked over to see Connie, Kelly and Magna. Connie pointed at me and signed 'Are you okay'. I understood more than I could sign, which I guess was a good thing but I still needed to get better at signing. They taught me a little but I don't know as much as Daryl does. I nodded a bit, "Yeah." i said looking at her. She shook her head and signed again saying 'you're quiet, you're never this quiet'. I smiled a bit at her. "I'm okay." i said signing back to her. She gave me a look, We were the ones behind while the rest were in front of us.

"I kind of had a fight with my daughter..? Before I left, just a little one." I said signing some words but not all. "I didn't leave things good with Yumiko either." Magna said signing a bit too for Connie. "Lydia would have taken this river downstream. Back to our side." Daryl said as we walked. "Hey." He called out looking back, "Carol let's go." He said. "You go on, I'll meet you." she said walking a bit, away from us. "Nope. We all stay together." Daryl said and we walked over to her slightly. I saw a figure there, I squinted a bit but then realized it was Alpha. "Shit." I said as Carol ran. "Hey- Carol!" Daryl called out and we all ran after her.

We caught up slightly with her before we realized she went into this domed area. We took down a few walkers. "Go! Get her ass out of there.!" Daryl called out. We all went inside to try to get her out of there but as we ran, the floor collapsed between us and we fell. "Ow- son of a bitch." I said on my back. We all looked over heard growls and groans. "Guess we found it.." Magna said as we all looked at the walkers.

"Everyone okay.?" Jerry asked. "Yeah." we said as we slowly stood up. Daryl fell down too and stood up, we all pulled out our flashlights and lanterns for light since it was close to pitch black down here. I bit my lip slightly and looked at all the walkers in front of us. They were at a lower level but we were trapped by the looks of it.. "Uh.. Hey guys.?" Jerry asked, we looked over to see him pointing above us. We looked over to see Alpha holding a torch, standing on a way higher level than us.

We were in a cave.

Carol screamed angrily at her and all Alpha did was smile a little and walked away from us, her light slowly dimmed as she left.

~~~

We've been trying to get out the way we fell, killing some walkers that were too close to us. If they were to grab our legs it was over, they could drag us down. (Nobody can drag me downnn) Magna yelled as she fell back down. "Damn, you okay.?" Jerry asked as he and Daryl helped her up. "I almost had it." She said dusting herself off. "Nah it's too high. You risk breakin' your neck." Daryl said looking up. Jerry was trying to hoist her up there but she couldn't reach. "We need to find a better way." He said looking around, they found some boulders going across but they were in the middle of the herd. "We could use those to jump across." Aaron said. I raised an eyebrow at the thought.

Jump.?

"Nice." Daryl said. "Wait- for real.?" Kelly asked. One slip up and it was over. No pressure. Aaron just nodded. I ran my hand through my hair. "Alright, you ready.?" Daryl asked. I grabbed his arm quickly, stopping him. "W-" I said looking at him, not really knowing what to say. He grabbed my arm back. "We got this.. We gotta get out of here." He said shaking his head. I tilted my head a bit hating the idea. "Look.." he said shining the light again at the boulders. "It's a straight shot across." he said not letting me go, showing me the way. I knew it was but i still didn't like it.

"It's the only way. You know it is baby." He softly so I was the only one who heard him, looking at me. I looked at him again, "Cmon.. we gotta get out of here." He said rubbing my arm a bit. I hesitantly let him go. "Alright.." He said kissing my cheek then tucking the flashlight in his jeans. "Cmon." He said to everyone, he was the first one to go then we all followed him across safely. Daryl went off to look for our next move, "Should i even ask how we're doing on food.?"  Aaron asked. "Not good." Jerry said. "Food?! How long do you think we gon' be here?!" Kelly asked.

"Hey, no worries. Walkers got in here somehow.. We'll get out." Jerry said. "I think we know exactly how they got here. Alpha put them here. These are theirs. We have to assume we're not alone." Aaron said. We probably weren't.. Which only made this 10 times worse, if they put them here that means they know this place well. They know the ins and outs of this place and we didn't know shit. "I'm fine, just a little winded." Carol said, I looked over to see her looking at Connie. "She's claustrophobic." Daryl said as he used a match, I think he was trying to see what way the wind was drifting towards so we'd follow it. Find the way out.

"Why didn't you think before you got us all trapped down here." Magna spoke out. I looked over to her, "Can we just do this later? Yeah? We gotta focus on getting out." I said looking at her. "Why not now? We have plenty of time." She said looking at me. She looked over to Carol and walked over to her. "What the hell were you thinking huh.? Running off like that by yourself." She said in her face. "Hey.!" Daryl said coming back to us. "We ain't got time for this shit. We got in this mess together, we're gonna get out of it together. Now follow me. I think I found a way out." He said and walked.

There was a lot of talking so i'm posting another chapter in a bit :) Sorry, idk why but i completely forgot to post haha 🤦🏻‍♀️❤️

Also this is what i was thinking when Daryl said Carol was claustrophobic haha. But i hate spongebob episodes from 2015 and up, they started sucking bc of the animation lmao. Whenever i see the new spongebob episodes are on, i change the channel bc i hate them with a passion haha