★Chapter 22

But still...Blood is thicker than water...
-PET
Dedicated to morounfayo evesgotanaxthistime sunsetinapuppyseyes Idowhatiwant1234 Ugbahamanda BibaeBrooke nataaaaa0 HabibaMusa6 Abigaiz9 Magicienne91  thank you for giving my story a try<3

UNEDITED
My blood ran cold as I stared at the exchange between the woman and Axel.

What had possessed me to burst these doors open? What was this feeling? This anxiousness? I could not decipher.

Dark- almost black blood splatters stained the cobblestone floor, the walls covered with dirt and dust, as rusty silver cells, lined the dirtied walls, there was a wide area before the beginning of the cells, old iron and metal hung from the ceiling each a weapon of sorts. How could someplace like this exist in such a pristine palace-like-house...

The master stood, his knees slightly bent, his face leveled with the bounded woman, her mouth slightly agape. He did not move to turn around, yet he chuckled.

Two guards stood attentive, eyes on me, calculative, as if ready to pounce at any given moment.

Without a word Axel straightened his knees, his back still to me, my eyes briefly met with the pleading ones of the bounded woman, I could make out a burn on the left side of the woman's skin, accompanied by similar bruises. My hand shot up to my mouth. How could one man be so cruel? Shock and disgust evident in my features I take a step back.

What had he used to burn that poor woman?

What had she done to deserve this? Better yet there's nothing someone could do to deserve this, no one deserved to endure such.

It was a woman. Vampire or not no one deserved such penalty. Is this what he does to people in his spare time? People who disobeyed him? Sick bastar-

“I remember ordering you to refrain from calling me a bastard, human.” He reprimanded his mouth contorted with disdain as if the word 'human' left a bitter taste on his tongue.

He read my thoughts again. Why that nincompoop! How dare he?!

I stared at his back, unmoving. My eyes like burning rings grilling through his skin. But still he did not turn to look at me.

What a coward! He cannot even face me!

In a flash his right hand enclosed around my throat, cutting the air from my insides.

“Speak lewd of me, but never call me a coward,” He breathed into my ear. His grip tightened after every word. Though his words hit like a ton of cold bricks... his breath, warmed my ear deliciously, sending tingles throughout my body. 

Why am I turned on by a man who is strangling me?

Bad Emily. I mentally face palmed.

He rested his nose in my hair, his grip loosening as he breathed the scent of my strawberry scented shampoo. My eyes moved frantically in my head, alarmed by his closeness. Finally he removed his hand from my neck.

He turns to look down at me, letting his hand trail up the column of my neck to tilt my chin.

I shiver at his touch.