Prologue

It started off in the United States America. Or so, that's what they told us when we were deployed.

At first, we thought it was just a prominent band of cannibal rebels against the President or something, I mean, Trump was in power, who could blame them.

We, the British Army and Navy, were sent trooping in to help the US quash their little rioting problem. Course, when you're in the Navy, things are never simple. Nor small, for that matter; the cockiest ones were the first to get taken down by the rotting twats. They figured they'd be able to grapple these things to death. They were wrong. Fatally wrong.

The Marines were pulled into this by the British Government when one of the other Captain's at the Habour radioed in and called for back up, course, we had already sent out every man aside from us Marines, and, since a good number of us had military experience, our direct orders were to head back to Habour and back up both the US and UK armies. Long story short, we were doomed from the goddamned beginning.

When the first idiot got bit, my fellow frontline marine, Arlo Blake and I were sent in to retrieve him and do what we could to patch him up, but he'd bled out long before we even made it halfway. By the time we got there though, the soldier, Graham Frederickson, he stood up and turned on us, snarling and biting like some rabid, brutal dog. That's when we knew this thing wasn't what the US Government had told the UK Government it was.

This wasn't simple rioting.

This was a disease.

Trump's erratic, broken mind had twisted the truth. Again. I'm beginning to wonder why our Government didn't just hire a hitman or something and be done with his manipulative, destructive, 'I get what I want' ways and be done with it.

Oh well, not much to be done now. The world's ending-- Ah, sorry, I meant ended, sometimes I get too caught up in the past, my bad.

My name's Harper Amber Rose, Former British Army Medic, more recently, Marine in Her Majesty The Queen's Royal Navy, and soon to be dead one.

Nice to meet you, Assholes.