Debating Ownership Of A Fucking Door

*Unedited

Harper
"When it all comes crashing, stay
Who you are don't be afraid,
There's a revolution coming,"

Oh, man. Rick-a-dilly looks like he's about to tear his hair out.

We'd just got done telling Rick about my sister, and well, he's conflicted, that much it obvious.

Rick sighed. "Let her out. Leave him in there, I want to talk to her myself." At this, Shane fumed, opening his mouth to fight against the idea. Rick, however, eyes locked on mine, shut him down immediately, apparently finally done with his ex-partner's bullshit. "Just do it, Shane."

Shane muttered something indiscernable before stalking off toward the barn, anger radiating from him like a bull at a red flag.

"We really need to have a serious talk about Shane's anger. I have a feeling its gonna get us in more trouble than we already are." I warned Rick, who ran a hand through his growing hair.

"I'm afraid you might be right, Harper." Rick spoke slowly, watching Shane's hulking figure disappear into the barn. "I just don't know what we can do about it."

"Well, ordinarily I'd say kick him out, but I didn't know him before, and I might be slightly biased after yesterday." I answered, earning a scoff from both Rick and Daryl.

"Alright, I think it's best I talk to her alone." Rick told us, effectively shooing us away. Daryl and I left, and I dragged him with me to find Alicia. Daryl, displeased with this motion, grumbled but complied, following after me with maximum disinterest.

Eventually we found her with Xena and Carl, chatting away as they stroked Xena's fur.

I, being a superior adult, scooped Alicia up, and sat where she was, sitting her on one knee and patting my other for Carl. Carl sat on my other knee and they leant their heads on my shoulders whilst they continued talking as if I didn't exist, Xena getting even more attention when her head poked up between Carl's and Alicia's legs. Daryl grumbled more, pulling over a camping chair and sitting down on it, laying back without a care in the world.

Glenn sidled up to me as two of my three favourite kids talked between one another, giggling sometimes.

"Is it true?" I furrowed my brows and he clarified for me. "Is that girl we brought back Lucille? As in your sister Lucille?" I nodded, and bothering Carl and Alicia stopped talking.

"That was your sister?" Carl asked, Alicia watching over my shoulder in the general direction which Rick had taken Lucy in.

"Yeah, Lucille. My favourite sister." Glenn eyed me weirdly.

"I thought she was your only sister?"

I laughed. "Yeah, exactly. She can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but don't tell her I said that."

"I'm so telling her you said that." Alicia murmured, and by the laughs that radiated after looking at me, I'm sure I looked absolutely betrayed, crushed, even.

"Oh, God, Lucy is going to kill me." I whispered.

Daryl scoffed. "Doubt tha'."

I shook my head. "If you doubt that, you have no clue what she's capable of." Daryl actually laughed properly at the startled look on my face.

I groaned as everyone burst into laughter. "You know, I am so glad that all of you are just gonna burst into laughter when Lucille beats me twelve feet under for this."