[40]

---

---

Edward and Bella were with Renesmee while the rest of us went hunting and put the finishing touches on her birthday present. We arrived back and Rosalie made a beeline for the baby. I chuckled as I watched her. I did feel bad for her. She wanted a child so badly and she could never have one herself. I guess that's why she attached herself to Renesmee so quickly, she was the closest she would get to a child unless she adopted. 

"My turn," she spoke, taking Renesmee.

"Where does she sleep?"

Rosalie smiled, "In my arms. Or Edward's or Esme's. Mainly Sky's though, it's like she knows you're sisters." 

"I'm just really good with kids and dogs, hint, hint," I replied. "I want a dog."

"I already agreed," Jasper stated. 

"Happy birthday," Alice said, softly.

"I stopped ageing three days ago," Bella argued. 

"Well, we're celebrating anyway. So suck it up," Alice retorted. 

"Yeah, Bella, why you gotta try and ruin this for Alice, it's her day too, God," I joked. 

Alice laughed as she held out a key for Bella and began leading them to the house that they had built for the couple. Alice got me to help as I know Bella better than most. Not that there was a lot to know. 

They soon left. I made my way to Jasper's room, flopping down on his bed. I grabbed a magazine that was discarded in one of his drawers. He walked in after me.

"I should probably go home," I voiced as I flipped through the magazine. 

"Why?" 

I shrugged, "I don't know, I've been here for a while now and Charlie's only really got Sue and Billy. I gotta go get more clothes, as well."

"I'll come with you," he offered. 

---

We made our way to my house. 

"Dad?" I called. Nothing. I shrugged. "He must be staying with Sue."

I made my way to my room, dumping my dirty clothes in the wash basket. I began sorting it out and put a load in the washing machine. 

"Now we have to wait like two hours so I can put them away."

I lay down on my bed, patting the spot next to me. I felt the bed sink as he lay down. 

"I love you, you know," I whispered. 

"I love you," he whispered back.

I pecked his lips before he pulled me back in for another kiss. 

---

I quickly got changed into a new outfit before I packed some more clothes. I was balancing switching between the Cullens' house and my house to make sure Charlie was coping alright. He wasn't. I just wish we could tell him she was alright. But the Cullens had said we'd have to move. I guess I was hoping they'd change their minds. It was a long shot but I didn't want to leave.  

"Hey, what's the matter?" 

"I'm just worried about Charlie. Bella is fine now, I mean as fine as she can be when she's a vampire but I know you think we should leave now. Surely, if I can work through it, she can too and we can stay," I rambled. 

"Sky, you know that we can't do that," he reasoned. 

I sighed, "Yes, we can, you just don't want to because it's gonna be difficult at first."

He placed a hand on my shoulder, "Charlie's gonna know something is up and what about everyone else."

I shrugged his hand off and moved off of the bed. 

"He didn't with me. Or at least he didn't care. He just wants his daughter back, he doesn't give a shit if he can't know how she got better," I argued. "Besides, she barely socialises outside of your family and ours."

"This isn't our decision, it's hers," he replied. 

"Bella's so far up Edward's ass she'll agree to anything he says. And that's my dad you're talking about. I should get a say in whether we leave. Actually, fuck that. I am staying," I fought. 

Jasper frowned, "Sky, we need to talk about this."

"No, we don't. If you think you can fake Bella's death and expect me to leave Charlie while he's mourning, you can suck my dick and choke on it. I am not leaving him alone," I yelled. 

"Okay," he agreed. "If you're not leaving, I'm not leaving either."

"What?"

"I don't want to leave you again, Sky, ever," he declared.

"I just told you to suck my dick and choke on it and you're being sweet. This is not how an argument goes," I exclaimed. 

"I don't want to argue, Sky. And you don't have a dick for me to choke on so."

"My dick energy is bigger than yours. And I don't want to argue either," I replied, as he pulled me into a hug. I buried my head in his chest. 

Jasper went to protest.

"You were a part of the confederate army, a major to make it worse. That's small dick energy," I spoke, my voice muffled by his shirt.  

"I can't really argue with that," he admitted. 

I laughed, "That's what I thought."

"You know that if I could change any of that-"

I nodded against his chest, "I know."

I pulled away from the hug and grabbed my bag. 

"Let's go."

He nodded. 

"Have you ever thought of moving in with us?"

"Sorry, what?" 

He shook his head and began moving out of the room, "Never mind-"

My eyes widened, "No, no, no, no, no."

He paused by the bedroom door. 

I sighed, "I haven't thought about it. I mean, I'd love to move in with you eventually, but your whole family... I don't know."

"Okay."

"Okay? That's it? You're not pissed at me, are you?"

"Of course not. I forget sometimes that I've had a lot longer to plan a future with you than you have," he explained. 

I frowned, slightly confused. 

"Alice told me about my mate decades ago, Sky," he informed. 

"Mate?" I exclaimed. 

He froze, realising what he had said. After a short pause, he regained his composure and began trying to explain himself. 

"I assumed you knew," he told. "I never thought to say." 

"Nope, I never knew. It would have been nice to know though," I retorted. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't-"

I ignored what he said, "Wait, you planned a future with me?"

"I have been for decades. The thought of you kept me sane," he admitted. 

I smiled, "That's sweet. Was I what you imagined?"

He chuckled before replying, "Even better."

I pecked his cheek before holding out my hand. We made our way out of the house and back towards the Cullen's house, hand in hand.