Two

1𝑥2 ~ 𝑆𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝐹𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝐿𝑖𝑛𝑒 ___________________________________

___________________________________

"Remind me again, why the hell you didn't try out for the lacrosse team this year?" The coach asked as we walked out onto the field,

"Because I'm not feeling it," I told him with a shrugged as I watched the players from the team run around and set up everything,

"Not feeling it?" The coach asked as he looked at me with a awestruck face, "Prince, I'm in my 30's and the only reason I'm not married with at least four kids is because-"

"You lost one of your testicles in the woods," I joked but that only caused him to glare at me,

"That! And the fact that I never found a woman who could handle all this energy, but you now..." The coach said being way to dramatic, "I get that you like boys, I have no problem with that, you know Danny our goalie is gay right?"

"I did know that," I said rolling my eyes as I started to lose interest in this conversation, "and?"

"The point is Prince, your dad was a legend at the school, every kind of sport he ever played he succeeded at, and now its time for you to be a legend too, but that can't happen if your sitting on the sidelines twiddling your thumbs," he said and I could genuinely hear the disappointment in his voice,

"Yea I know but..." I started to say but I felt someone pump into me, I looked around to see who it was, only for my eyes to land on set on blue ones staring back at me, Jackson smirked at me before walking over to the benches, "...it's just not something I want to put up with, that's all,"

"I know that losing your parents, is something that most kids never recover from, but I just want the best for your Leo," The coach said in soft voice as he turned to face me head on, "your mom and dad were special people, and you are too, but to see you waste away your talents like this, it's not good,"

"Coach..." I muttered softly,

"I know, but please just think about it, and know that there will always be a spot for you on the team," he told me as we continued to walk over to benches, I saw Greenberg run over only to trip over his stick, and face plant, "please think about it, please don't leave me Greenberg, he is-"

"A literal, walking, mess," I finished the sentence for him,

"See even you see it!" He said with a laugh, before clapping me on the back, "alright stay safe kiddo,"

"Laters coach," I tell him as I walked closer to stand and walk the first few moments of practice,

After a while I noticed Scott walk up to start line, and from where I stood I noticed the silhouette of someone standing near the tree line. It was man from the height and shape, he looked familiar but I couldn't familiar out who he was exactly, suddenly a loud thud made me look back to the field to see Scott laying flat on his back and coach running over to him.