Eight

1𝑥8 ~ 𝐿𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑐 ________________________________

1𝑥8 ~ 𝐿𝑢𝑛𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑐
________________________________

The last five days have been thoughtful to say the least. My aunt almost had a panic attack when I arrived at the hospital that night, she was very worried but I was able to convince her I was fine, and after a series of test, she was actually convinced. Thank you Ms. McCall.

The police had yet to find Derek which I was happy to hear, but the fact I hadn't heard from Derek in days either made me feel unsure about everything. That alpha showed up and almost killed Derek on the spot, so how was he and Scott supposed to stop or even catch it.

Then there was Allison's family, I hadn't met them much besides her mom and dad on the few times I went to her house with Lydia, however, I can say for a fact that underneath their kind smiles and happy exteriors, there was something more sinister about them.

Now Monday morning things were back to normal, well as normal as things could get in this freaky town. I got a drop to school with Danny and was crossing the parking lot when I noticed Allison getting out of a red SUV. I spotted her dad in the driver's seat and there was a woman sitting next to him. I shifted my focus to hear as I walked past the cars and she looked back at me with cold eyes before looking away to Allison's dad.

"Hey Allison," I called out as I came up beside her, "morning,"

"Hey," She said back with smile,

"Who's that with dad?" I asked trying to sound as unknowing as I could be about her family,

"Oh that's my aunt Kate, she came into town a few days ago," Allison told me as we reached the opened doors of the school, "why?"

"Oh, I was just wondering if that was your mom, but I remembered your mom had red hair, and she looked a lot like you, so call it curiosity," I rambled out, then plastered a smile on my face,

"Well now you know," Allison said as we walked into the school, "see you in art?"

"Definitely," I said back with smile before we walked in separate directions,

Allison wasn't in my home room, and coincidentally neither was Lydia, she was with Danny, but somehow I was with Jackson. The thought alone seemed a lot worse, but in reality he hasn't been so, upfront as he was over summer vacation. I'm not sure if it's because where constantly surrounded my people, or the fact that Lydia never leaves his side, but all I know is, I'm grateful for whatever it is that's putting so distance between us.

•••

"It's just weird. Everybody's talking about what happened the other night, and nobody knows it was us," Allison said as we walked out of the classroom into the hallway that started to fill with students,

"Thank you, for the protection of minors," Lydia said with a sigh of relief and I couldn't help but chuckle at her,

"Thank you, Sheriff Skilinski, for showing up when he did, or else they'd probably be still scraping our blood off the walls," I said to them, they both looked over at me and I shrugged my shoulders, "what? You two know I'm not wrong,"