Eleven

1 𝑥 11 ~ 𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑙𝑡𝑦___________________________________

1 𝑥 11 ~ 𝐹𝑜𝑟𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑙𝑡𝑦
___________________________________

This wasn't right. Somehow I managed to eat dinner and slip pass my aunt into my room without her asking to many questions. The fact that she was practically half asleep helped way more than it should have. Now here I stood, in my bedroom, staring at my hand like it was some foreign object. My fingernails were extending and retracting, it felt so surreal, with every breathe I took they grew and shrunk along with it.

The thing that was most shocking to me was how natural it felt to me. Too natural actually, to the point where it was starting to freak me out.

"I need answers," I said in low voice, I turned and walked out of my bedroom and made my way towards the spare room, that was down the hall,

It was supposed to be a bedroom but since their were only two people living in this three bedroom house, it became a spare room. It had boxes filled with old papers, books and other things that weren't a necessity to daily living. Luckily for me, it was also where we kept the old family albums.

I entered the room, turned on the lights and quietly closed the door so I wouldn't alert my aunt to my snooping. Well it isn't exactly snooping because half of the stuff in the house belonged to me, but she was paying the bills and is an adult, thereby she's the authority in the house and I'm under the age of 18, but I wasn't doing anything particularly bad it just...okay I'm snooping.

I looked around for the box labelled family, once I found it, I started to search through it for a few of the albums, particularly the ones about me and my dad. My album was a light blue colour with gold trimming and my name was spelt out in cursive. My dad's was a green colour, but it had faded over the years, and had his name in funky block letters.

I started with my dad's. Each page I turned only seemed to be delaying the inevitable, so I jumped forward a few to the pictures of him at school. At first they were normal, him in a basket ball uniform, lacrosse uniform, holding trophies, smiling with other kids, but one picture in particular caught my attention. It was my dad standing with another boy, and they were smiling. I scanned the other pictures and sure enough there he was with the same was boy stood in each picture. However it soon came to my attention, that his face was oddly familiar, too familiar, and also that he stood next to my dad in every picture.

Then I found a picture of the two of them alone outside the beacon hills gym, I paused. At first I was curious as to who had taken the picture but then it slowly dawned upon me that it was a basketball game the picture, due to the things in the background and the more I stared at the other boy, the more I started to realise it was Peter. Peter and my dad stood side-by-side, happy, smiling and it was almost creepy to see someone who I knew was a serial killer so happy and smiling, next to the one single person I love so much.

So I turn my attention to my baby album, I turned the pages to find the some with me and my dad when I was a baby. They were innocent cute and I felt a feeling of joy as I stared at them. Something in one of them, caught my eye, it was a picture of me, my dad and my mother in the hospital room in the corner of the picture, there he stood. From the date on the picture I could tell it wasn't my birthday, it obviously a hospital trip but for some reason there Peter was with us.