Chapter 5: New Allies

I just stood there not knowing what to feel. Should I feel betrayed? Angry? Sad? Confused? I don't know. I heard two sets of manic footsteps come down stairs and into the room with a scottish voice, "Connor you..."

I turned around to see Ace and Mika standing in the doorway. I now put the pieces together, the new vigilantes.

Jormungand, Baldur, and Fenrir.

Ace, Connor, and Mika.

"Stell... um. We can explain." Mika said, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the living room couch. Connor went back to looking like his normal self and they just stared at me. The three of them started to explain that they were the vigilantes on the news. Something that I already knew so I didn't listen that much.

Once they were finished with the useless information I decided to ask a question. "Where are you from? Cause I know it's not here."

Ace answered bluntly before Mika could sugarcoat it. "Another world. One where people like us are hunted by the Giants. Mika is a Fenris, descended from the wolf son of Loki, Connor is an Alf, a 'child' of Baldur, and I'm half-Kelpie. We were set here to keep us safe from the Giants."

"Does Frankie know?" I asked them, finally meeting their eyes, Mika's are pitiful, Ace's are angry, and Connor's are sad.

Just then Frankie walked into the room holding a glass of what I assume to be alcohol, "Frankie isn't Frankie. My real name is Freya, goddess of love and fertility."

"So you're a goddess?"

Freya just nodded and took a sip of her glass, I looked back at my two friends, and crush. Connor finally spoke in a quiet voice, "You're taking this surprisingly well."

"Oh, well. My sister is a goddess and I'm blessed by Hecate, my sister's husband is a Norse god and I've known about stuff like this basically my whole life. Though I just didn't expect you three to be a part of the insanity that is the mythological world." I said, very nonchalantly, stunning the three of them. Freya just nodded.

"So you're Hecate's new protégé." She said, being the only one to comprehend what I had just said. I nodded. "So that means your Persephone's sister and Loki's new in law." I nodded once again, once again stunning the three vigilantes sitting across from me with the fact that I was technically related to Loki.

Mika then collected herself, "Then... who are you?" I turned to my clutch purse and dramatically pulled out one of my crossed torch calling cards and showed it to the three of them.

"Well, it's good to finally meet you... Salem."

"You too, Fenrir."