Chapter 13: Peace

Two weeks have passed since the final battle of the War of Vanaheim, New York has almost forgotten about the strange day where they were evacuated for some unknown reason, and Vanaheim was getting back to the old ways of before the giants.

Connor's dad, King Herald was back on the throne and Mika's mother Ina was leading the Fenris tribe back into good relations with the Alf's and other creatures in the realm. Freya was going in between realms constantly trying to make sure that no giants were still around in any realm, though she was still very fond of Midgard.

All of the group got matching tattoos from one of Travis's Willow buddies, it was the algiz rune, it represents protection and divine might, we all got it on our wrists. Let's just say I'm wearing hoodies at all times around mom and dad.

In the case of Aurgelmir's blood and ashes well... Persephone actually took care of that.

"You can't let these objects come into contact, and the blood can not touch the ground." Ace said handing the two containers to Persephone.

"Don't worry Ace. I have some experience with blood touching the earth. The blood and ashes of Aurgelmir will be safe in the Hidden Realm." She said with a small smile.

As for me well... currently I'm sitting on the couch in Cal and Travis's dorm talking with them about something with school. "Come on Stell. You have already made out twice! Why are you still so nervous?" Travis said, throwing his hands in the air.

"We didn't 'make out' we just kissed. It wasn't anything too... intimate." I said, feeling my cheeks flush as I tried to cover them with my hands. Cal placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You are in love with her right?"

"Yes."

"Then go let her know that! Honestly Stella you're hopeless otherwise." Calypso said, demeanor changing in a split second.

I let out a deep breath and composed myself, "...Alright." 

---

"Hey Estelle. What's up?" Mika said as she stood in the doorway of Freya's apartment. I was standing on the stoop with my eyes locked on her shoes. "You okay?"

"Um... y-yeah I just um..." I stuttered like an idiot, I felt my cheeks flush for the millionth time that day. I took a deep breath and swallowed my fear. I've fought an army of giants... I can confess to my crush. I looked up at her. "I... I love you. A lot... and I... I was just wondering if you would... become my girlfriend?"

Mika stood there with wide eyes, she stood straight instead of leaning on the door frame like a few minutes ago. I moved my eyesight back down to the cement stoop below me, my throat felt like sandpaper. Did I do something wrong? Did she not feel the same way? What do I do now?!

I felt a hand lift my chin, and saw that Mika was now on the stoop with me. I found myself staring into her walnut eyes. Soon her lips found mine and both of us melted into the kiss almost instantly. We both pulled away for air, still staring into each other's eyes.

"Does that answer your question?"

I smiled at her and went in for another kiss, this time wrapping my arms around her waist, Mika then wrapped her arms around my neck. We pulled away for air a second time and I looked up to see the first bits of the winter snow falling.

"Um... can I come in? I think it's about to get really cold."

Mika giggled lightly and pulled me inside of Freya's home. I stayed there the whole night, and I wasn't cold for a second of it.

---

I walked up onto the roof using the fire exit in my Salem gear, I was going on my first mission since the war. When I reached the roof of my apartment building I saw a certain redhead sitting on the ledge. "Hey Ace."

"Stell."

I went to sit next to him, I had some time to spare. "Why are you here?"

"I was just wondering... How did your parents react? To all of this. They were kidnapped, there's no hiding anymore." He turned to face me.

I sighed, "They didn't. Hecate removed their memories."

"Are you sure that's a good idea?"

"I... honestly I don't know. I think it's just... for the best if they never knew anything about this... I gotta go. Bye Jormangand."

"Bye... Agent Salem."

I jumped to the adjacent rooftop and continued to my destination. I was thinking as I went along. The War of Vanaheim had ended but... as I leapt from rooftop to rooftop I couldn't help but glance at the Empire State Building... there was still a bigger threat out there.