Chapter 11: Let's Not End The World

A boy sat on a grassy hill overlooking the water. He was sitting in front of a grave, watching the clouds overhead form a thunderstorm.

The war was coming.

The boy stood and placed his hand on the headstone. "There's a storm coming. I think it's finally time I head back. Goodbye mom."

Rowena 'Rory' Finley

Born December 17, 1993 

Died July 12, 2015

---

"Alright everyone. Clear the buildings, clear the streets, make sure that Salem and her group are covered, and... let's maybe not end the world." Steve Rogers told the group of people that congregated in the lobby of Avengers Tower. The Avengers, former Shield, and some people from Willow were there to help get people off of the streets. Magnus and the other 19th floor kids were currently holding down the fort in Vanaheim with Freya and the 21st Nome were holding the city limits. "I'm now diverting command to Salem."

Estelle stood in her Salem disguise in front of the group of people. "Okay, not to alarm anyone but we are the only defense between seven billion people and an army of giants from another world. We are the wall... or shield against these things so we gotta hold fast and make sure that we don't break. A great man once said 'We're all going to hell. Might as well enjoy the ride' so if we die today let's at least go down swinging."

Estelle walked out of the lobby along with Connor and Mika, so they could survey the area before the attack happened. Mika walked over to her on the rooftop and whispered, "Was that a Supernatural quote?"

"...possibly"

---

"Salem this is Bravo team, we have Sally and Paul." Daisy said into the earpieces linking everyone.

"Get them to the Tower, Bravo Team." Estelle responded, "Charlie team how is emptying the buildings?"

"All buildings above 30th street have been cleared." Travis said through the comms. Connor looked up to the sky and saw the clouds forming with a multicolored light coming from above them. Soon Estelle and Mika had noticed it too.

"Party's here." The three of them jumped down from our positions and stood in the middle of the street as the Bifrost tunnel came down onto the pavement and a group of about one thousand giants and monsters emerged from it. "Someone want to deal with local PD?"

Their comms glitched for a second before it came back and had Wayward Son playing in the background. "Already done... If this is a party, then let me crash it."

The group saw a huge wave moving in from behind the group of monsters with a certain redhead at the top of it. The three of them all gave cheers of happiness and laughed as Ace Finley's wave crashed into the giants, taking almost fifty of the monsters down. It was barely a dent, but it was progress.

Ace jumped over the wave and landed next to them, Estelle nodded as he got up "Good to see you... we're fighting a war."

Estelle looked up to the sky and saw just normal storm clouds, she smirked. The perfect weather. Estelle ran towards the monsters and felt the energy in the air from the oncoming storm. She summoned multiple bolts of lightning, remembering back to her childhood, the faint memories of  Jason. Estelle jumped high in the air, surrounded by the white bolts of electricity and she landed with a 'boom' in the middle of the monster horde.

And that's when the battle began.

Ace and Connor joined into the horde, Ace summoning more waves, and Connor blinding the monsters using sunlight. Mika then jumped on the blinded monsters and tore them to shreds in her wolf form.

Estelle stopped using the lighting before she caused all of Manhattan to short circuit, she changed to her daggers, she charged the metal using multiple different energy sources, one being herself, and she went to town, stabbing monsters to death.

One giant was about to sneak up and strangle Estelle, though Ace grabbed his whip from his waist and slung it around the giant's legs causing the monster to fall. Connor then shot it with an arrow. Let's just say that the giant didn't get up again.

This continued on for many minutes, the other teams listening in through the comms or street cams that had managed to survive the destruction. Watching as the four teens destroyed an entire army of giants in the span of an hour. Hecate watched from her temple, pleased at her basically daughter.

Estelle stabbed one last giant in the neck. She stood and looked  across the street at the damage. They were able to keep property damage to a minimum though that didn't account for the piles of giant bodies. Estelle looked down at her hands covered in giant blood, and yet, she didn't feel anything. Not relief, or disgust, or fear. She just felt numb as a small raindrop hit her cheek, the storm from earlier was finally coming in... maybe to wash away all the blood.

"We have to get to Vanaheim. Take them head on." Connor told the group as they collected in the middle of the street. Ace and Estelle both nodded.

"I'll stay here and make sure everything is clear." Mika told them, stepping back as Connor called forth the Bifrost. "Wait!"

Estelle looked wide-eyed as Mika ran forward and kissed her. It became somewhat passionate just before Mika pulled away. "Don't die."

"Yes ma'am!" Estelle said as she was beamed up in the rainbow bridge.