16

Sooo i got a little carried away.. i didn't think this pov would be so long but it is haha.  Also don't hate me I've never done a 3rd person pov so this might suck major ass but hey, it was true we needed this pov. I can't really write Daryl bc he really is complicated but that's what makes him, him. So i don't wanna do him injustice by writing him in a way he isn't portrayed as, i tried my best. Hope you guys enjoy 💓✨

>>Word count; 1236<<

-3rd person-

"Katherine!" Daryl called as he started making his way back to the exit to save his wife, best friend and member of their group. Everyone took cover as another explosion echoed, shaking the ground as the exit caved into itself. Everyone's hearts dropped to their stomachs realizing that the 3 women didn't make it out in time. Daryl uncovered his face, his head shot over to the exit which was now covered in boulders and smaller rocks. "Katherine-" He said feeling his heart ache, a new feeling he's never felt before. "No." He said to himself.

He didn't even feel this way at the prison when she was sick, he knew he was able to help her back then, do something to make her get better but not now. Not with this. "No!" Kelly cried out for her sister as Daryl ran towards the rubble. Jerry, Aaron and Carol stood back in shock, watching the man try to dig out his wife and friends. "No! No!" Kelly continued crying out, also trying to go up the mountain of rubble, terrified and heart broken.

Daryl got on his stomach and reached out, starting to take out the smaller stones first as quickly as he could. "No." He mumbled and continued tossing the rocks aside, The only his mind was focusing on was Katherine's daughter and his wife. Kelly couldn't stop crying out just watching Daryl toss stone after stone. The quicker Daryl moved, the heavier his heart and chest got. Unable to control his breathing and feeling his heart race trying to get the woman he loved out.

Jerry quickly went to Kelly and held her, trying to calm her down but to no avail. Carol, disoriented due to a hit to the head watched her best friend in shock, slowly starting to realize what she's done. "Cmon." Daryl said to himself, throwing some more stones. His eyes slowly started to burn with tears and his heart continued to race. Aaron walked up to the man, knowing it was going to take more than just him to clear this debris, "Daryl." He said.

Daryl ignored his friend and continued to dig, not changing the pace. "Daryl.." Aaron repeated looking at him sadly. This time, Daryl only seemed to have picked up the pace growing more frustrated and scared. He felt a few tears leave his eyes but he wiped them away quickly, continuing to try finding the exit. "It'll take us a week to clear this out." Aaron said. "Then help me.!" He snapped, his voice cracking. He looked back at Aaron with tears in his eyes.

"Help me." He repeated in a softer tone. Kelly kept crying, feeling a pain in her chest. Daryl looked over to Connie's sister, He stopped completely still laying on the rocks catching his breath with a heavy heart. "We can't.!" Kelly said standing up. Daryl slowly stood up as well, looking at her. Their hearts still racing. "This blast is gonna call Walkers and Whisperers from a hundred miles from here.!" Kelly said looking at them.

Daryl knew she was right, they all knew she was right. Daryl looked away from her then back up at the sky feeling a tear leave his eyes. He looked away, his back facing everyone feeling more tears started to fall. He closed his eyes trying to calm himself down but he couldn't. Thoughts were running through his mind and they only made him feel worse.

Was his twin flame dead..? She can't be. She's alive. She's gotta be alive.

He argued with himself in his head.

Would the only person he considered to be a daughter hate him for not getting to her mother out on time..?

More tears fell from his eyes, the worry slowly turned into rage at his so thought friend who wasn't thinking about the damage she'd cause when she tried taking out the herd. He understood it was for her son but he just lost the only person he's ever loved and both his best friends. "We don't want our backs pressed against this when they come." Kelly said trying to talk the man down. They needed to warn everyone else about this which would surely cause conflict between the two rival groups.

Daryl opened his eyes and looked down at the pile of ruble under his feet, his heart didn't stop racing. His thoughts didn't stop racing. "We can't save them if we're dead." Kelly said. Daryl reached up and wiped his tears quickly. "Cmon.." Aaron said looking at his friends back. Daryl kept looking at the floor, as much as he wanted to keep pulling out rocks until his hands bled he knew Kelly was right.

"Daryl.." Aaron repeated. Daryl turned back to his friend to see a hand being held out towards him. He took it and he stepped down, letting go. He started taking a few steps towards the crying girl. She looked at him as well, tears in both of their eyes. He looked over to his longtime friend and felt anger. He pointed at her as he walked down, not really knowing what to say. Daryl has never felt such anger towards her. Carol only started crying, noticing the look in her friend's eyes. The way Daryl looked at her made her start to feel guilt and shame, her heart started aching as she realized what she's taken from her best friend, his daughter and her brother.

A mother, a wife and a sister.

Daryl tried making his way past the crying woman but she only held him back starting to cry more. Daryl pulled away from her harshly not wanting her to put her hands on him. More tears fell from his eyes as he looked at her crying, he backed away from her. "Go ahead and say it to me." Carol said looking at him. He kept looking at her as well, feeling his heart race and slowly starting to break at the thought of his wife being gone. "I deserve it. Please just say it to me." the woman cried, holding herself. Daryl kept looking at her, not saying anything just glaring at her as tears continued to fall. "You were right about everything please just say it." She cried looking down at the floor in shame. Daryl groaned and tried walking away from everyone, not wanting them to see him cry and not wanting to look at Carol.

She put her hands on him again, stopping him. He pulled away from her again, catching his breath. "No- please.! You cared about her- Connie. And Katherine. I'm so sorry. They're gone because of me please just say it.!" Carol continued crying at the thought of her killing one of her long time friends, someone who's been there with them from the start and another person Daryl cared deeply about. Daryl kept looking at her. "Please say it!" She cried putting her hands on her head then bending down. Daryl finally walked by her and turned back to the rest. "Go home.." Daryl said looking at them. "Tell the others we found the horde." He said and finally turned, trying to go back to the entrance they first found.

"Where are you gonna be.?" Aaron called out, "They got out before us. There's gotta be another way in." Daryl said, his voice breaking once again. He turned around and walked.

A/N: The only 2 changes i made is that Daryl is gonna be mad at Carol, for a while and He actually cried

A/N: The only 2 changes i made is that Daryl is gonna be mad at Carol, for a while and He actually cried. I hope you guys enjoyed. Like i said i've never written in a 3rd person pov. First time for everything