𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏.

I 027

I 027. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ the heat will kill you ❞

IT WAS OFFICIAL; SHE HATED THE OCEAN. The blow came as a shock to no one but Percy, who was utterly offended by her statement. He then proceeded to give her glares every now and then, and if she even drank the tiniest bit of water, he complained ( "That water probably flowed from the ocean, I thought you said you didn't like it, anyways." ).

Clarisse was a whole other story. The amount of times they fought in the one day on the boat together was high— Annabeth has tallied it to thirty times. And at least five of those almost turned physical, but Percy and dragged her away before she had the chance to punch the Ares girl.

Another thing, Clarisse had dead confederate soldiers running her ship. Yeah, confederate. They liked Annabeth because they told her she was from the South ( Virginia ). At first they liked Percy because his last name was Jackson— like the Southern general— but he made the mistake of telling them he was from New York. They muttered about Yankees under their breaths anytime he was around.

But the person who got the worst hate was Ariadne. Most of the soldiers were still racially prejudice. Despite Clarisse's orders to not make any derogatory comments about it, they did behind her back. Percy gave them glares anytime someone even glanced her way, threatening them with Riptide. Ariadne knew the history and she defended her high melanin levels, threatening to fight each and every single one of them with her bare hands ( "You're basically zombies, I can take you!" ).

Dinner was tense. They didn't have their appetites because it wasn't exactly a willing choice to be spending dinner on an old war ship with Clarisse and dead soldiers.

"You are in so much trouble," Clarisse finally told them.

Ariadne and Percy shared a glance— yes, they assumed they would be in heaps of trouble.

"Tantalus expelled you for eternity," she said before getting all smug. "Mr. D said if any of you show your face at Camp again, he'll turn you into squirrels and run you over with his SUV." The girl lost her smug expression before turning to the brunette, "Well, they are expelled." Motioning to her other three friends. "Tantalus fried expelling you but Mr. D said that was a no."

At least her father stood up for her.

"Did they give you this ship?" Percy asked.

"Course not. My father did."

"Ares?"

Clarisse let a scowl cross her face, "You think your daddy is the only one with sea power? The spirits on the losing side of every war owe a tribute to Ares. That's their curse for being defeated. I prayed to my father for the naval transport and here it is. These guys will do anything I tell them. Won't you, Captain?"