01 : 1720

「⏳」

"Wow.."

I fondly admired the blazing sun kiss the ocean ahead. It was the first sunset of 2020 and I was out with my family to view the entire thing by the bay walk.

"Amazing right?" Dad chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"Yeah! I can't believe that I'm seeing this with you guys!"

Mom placed her arms around me. "We're so sorry, honey. You know how busy we are at work."

"It's alright, mom. I understand."

"Of course, you do." Dad smiled. "How do you think you'll do this school year?"

"Great, I guess. I excelled in history last semester."

"My daughter wants to be a historian like her dad, huh?" Mom teased.

"Precisely."

We all laughed and went back to the car to drive home. And for some odd reasons, I was feeling drowsy throughout the ride. Judging at the sky's colors, it was still somewhere around 6 in the evening.

"Mom? Dad?"

"Yes honey?" Dad answered.

"I'll sleep for a while. Can you wake me up when we get home?"

"There's no need for you to ask, sweetheart."

I nodded and gave them a little smile. Shifting a bit from the backseat, I readjusted the seat belt and leaned my head to the car window to rest. As I closed my eyes, I soon felt dizzy. Not the uncomfortable type of dizzy but a weird one. It was like being sucked into a whirlpool while being the whirlpool at the same time.

"Uh..." I held my head and desperately tried to snooze.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I was awoken the next morning by the crowing of a rooster. Which was strange because our neighborhood never raised chickens. I rolled around what I thought was my bed. However, it felt unever, hard and rocky. My eyes slowly fluttered open. The bluest of blue skies greeted me as well as the raging sunbeams hitting my skin. I was outside.

"AH!!" I immediately sat up and looked around.