05 : 𝖳𝗋𝖺𝖽𝗂𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇𝖺𝗅 𝖢𝗂𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗋𝖾𝗅𝗅𝖺

「🌄」

"Hah.."

I wiped beads of sweat off my forehead as I exhaled. Prince Yeonjun ordered me to scrub clean the courtroom this afternoon and I was barely halfway through. I let go of the brush and laid on the shiny floor. Staring at the ceiling, I began contemplating about the things happening to me lately.

"I didn't just wake up in the middle of the road yesterday and made myself a slave today, did I?"

"How will I save the Prince at this state though?"

"What could Prince Soobin be plotting now? How will I know if his plans have unfolded?"

I made an invisible "snow angel" on the floor and sighed. This hanbok has been making me feel hotter than it should. Do women of old times go through all these everyday?

"Lazing around?"

I sat up and saw Prince Yeonjun leaning against a pillar. He had his arms crossed and he was smirking. I gulped and hurriedly grabbed the brush and started scrubbing the floor like before. I dared not to speak. If I do, I might spout something again that could possibly lead me to an early death. No, sir. I didn't want that.

"You missed a spot here."

He pointed a dirty area with his shoe. I crawled towards it and brushed everything clean. I felt him stand behind me, his gaze piercing through the back of my head. I stiffened.

"Not only were you foul-mouthed but indolent too."

I just shook my head and continued with my business. Prince Yeonjun huffed and kicked the basin filled with soap to the side. It spilled a bit. I furrowed my brows, trying my best not to explode.

"You better finish when I get back."

His footsteps echoed as he walked away. I grimly looked back at his figure. No wonder why Prince Soobin wants to murder this dude. He's so demanding and harsh!

'Well, you're his slave.' My conscience backfired.

Right. Slave.

"Slave my ass." I hissed and wiped the spilled soap with a rug.

Just then, I heard another set of footsteps. Thinking that it might be Prince Yeonjun, I didn't dare to turn and greet. Instead, I let out a sarcasm by accident.