06 : 𝖲𝗎𝗌𝗉𝗂𝖼𝗂𝗈𝗎𝗌

「✨」

"This will be your room."

Miss Kang, fellow servant led me to a spare one by the end of the halls. As I slid the door open, I saw nothing but plain sheets, a cabinet, a lampshade and a spacious area with only one window facing the door.

"Thank you." I bowed politely and went in.

She remained standing by the doorway and looked at me with concern. I sat on the cushion and stared back at her. The light from the lamps reflected on her face which gave it an eerie glow.

"Is there anything wrong?"

She shook her head. "Prince Yeonjun has never had his own servant before."

"Really?"

"Yes. I wonder what he sees in you."

I scoffed. "Trust me. I've been thinking the same too."

"Well." She averted her gaze away. "Good night then, miss Y/N."

"Good night, miss Kang."

I crawled up to close the door. Finally. After a long, tiring day, I get to have a peaceful rest in a decent place. I opened the cabinet and found some neatly folded hanbok. There were two kinds. The colorful, layered ones for work, I guess and the plain, white ones for sleeping. I slid one out and immediately changed.

In the midst of my changing session, I heard a knock on my door. I tripped over the fabric and landed with a thud.

"Miss Y/N?"

"Y-yeah? Ow.."

"His Highness, Prince Yeonjun would like you to have this letter."

"The hell does he want this time?" I mumbled to myself. "Just slide it under the gap, please!"

There was a faint 'swish' and I saw a folded letter slide from underneath. I tied my robes and picked the paper up to read.

Pick a dozen roses tonight. I'd like to see them in the court room's vase near the Empress' portrait tomorrow morning.

Feed my horse with fresh hay from the stack. Do it now.

Don't forget to rise early. I have a lot of things in store for you to do.