08 : 𝖦𝗂𝗋𝗅 𝖥𝗋𝗈𝗆 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖥𝗎𝗍𝗎𝗋𝖾

「🍉」

For the next few weeks, I endured the idea of having the audacity to give the Prince a cold and silent treatment. He was still able to order me around, of course, but I'd recoil everytime he tries to engage into a conversation.

I also noticed the Prince acting kinda weird lately. It was like he had somehow gotten nicer and nicer as each day passed which freaked me out since he'd randomly just greet me out of nowhere, offer me to rest in the midst of my duties or refusing to further give me more tasks to do.

'Mayhaps he felt guilty.' I'd thought.

Technically, I was right. One afternoon, I was laying in my room with absolutely nothing to do. It wasn't even lunchtime yet and I didn't want to go out since the sun was literally toasting the entire kingdom to crisps.

"Goodness grace.." I whined and fanned myself.

The fact that I was wearing yet another thick hanbok made the situation even worse. Beads of sweat rolled down from my forehead. I sat up and pulled down the sleeves of my clothing to breathe.

"Where's the air conditioner when I need it the most..?!"

I took off one layer and threw it to the side. I kept on fanning aggressively and didn't even notice the door slide open. I only figured out that somebody went in when I heard a clammer of utensils against a tray.

"Y/N."

"YOUR HIGHNESS!" I practically shrieked and covered my upper body.

Prince Yeonjun eyed me apologetically before stepping out in embarrassment. I frantically dressed up again and calmed myself before letting him back in.

"Y-you may enter now."

"I apologize. I should have knocked."

I looked away. "It's.. It's alright."

"I apologize for the inconvenience due to the heat. Here, I brought you food."

Prince Yeonjun sat next to me and gently placed the tray full of fruits and slices of bread on the floor. He also took out a small jug filled with water. I watched him set everything in front of me. I was filled with astonishment. Since when did this Prince learn how to serve his own subjects?

"Your Highness, let me help-"