Chapter 22

Domick

Seth shows up at the worst times. And Kira wonders why I don't want him around.

I was trying to get Kira to my house to, ahem, talk. Hopefully more, nothing less, whatever she wants.

I had thought that after our chat at the park, everything was pretty much out in the open. Until learning Kira had managed to turn the Council's door-lock green.

I have used those types of doors before, when I had to go in and out of the places, so I knew how they worked. Abnormals turn it blue and Councilmen turn it green when the lock processes who's blood is trying to open the door.

How was Kira's blood considered a Councilmans when she didn't even know they existed?

Either way it was a good thing Kira could open a door like a Councilman, it would help my newest cause after meeting her and finding new meaning than mindlessly doing the Councils bidding.

A cause I just created to stop the Council from taking the innocent abnormals and doing who-know-what to them. Unless I could find further proof they were actually helping them, which I doubted, they needed to be stopped.

Meeting Kira opened my eyes to the fact that the Council needed to change into a type of sanctuary, rather than the nightmare/Boogyman it was considered today. And Kira was an even larger part than she realized, now more than ever.

So maybe not everything is truly out in the open between us.

I stared at Kira across the table at the Cafe while she talked with Seth. My beast was wanting to dive in between them as the space between them got smaller and smaller as she got more comfortable in her seat.

Kira was a little awkward when we first slid into the booth, she kept sending me small glances as if for help while I glared at the seats since Seth was the one who got to sit beside her.

Eventually Kira relaxed enough to laugh and even scooted closer when Seth still hadn't pressured her with any questions about why we skipped, she even playfully smacked him arm when he said something snarky.

That's it.

I shot to my feet out of the booth and yanked Seth up, out of his seat, "I'm sitting here," I snarled.

I hunkered in the seat and saw Kira chuckling in amusement at my actions. I looked away and caught Seths stare, immediately my muscles swelled in challenge. "What are you looking at?"

Seth didn't look intimidated, but he definitely made an effort to not meet my eyes the rest of the time.

My arm creeped behind Kiras shoulders, until I laid it across her and pulled her close. All the while still staring Seth down.

Finally, Kira had enough of the tension forming between us and suddenly tried to stand up. But we were in a booth so all she managed to do was get unbalanced and fall into my lap.

Seth laughed, "If you guys want some privacy, you just got to tell me to scram."

Finally.

"Scram then" I snarled, helping Kira back up.

Hurt flashed across his face and he glanced at Kira as he slid out of his booth and muttered out a "Fine."

Seth finally left and I turned to ask Kira if she wanted to go somewhere a bit more private to finish what we had started before being interrupted.

She watched Seth leave and once the door shut behind hime she whipped around to give me a death glare, "Seth is my friend, you can't treat him like that."

I sighed, "I really don't want to talk about him right now." I ushered her out of the Cafe and started to lead her back to the car.

"That's too bad, because he is a major part of my life. You are going to have to accept that if you want this", she motioned between us, "to work out."

Me and Kira not working out? Impossible.

"Fine." I conceded. "I guess I'll make an effort to not be so mean to Seth." I muttered out, can't believe the things I'll do for Kira.

"Okay... That was easy enough." She mumbled to herself. "And, um, where are we going now?"

I shrugged, "I don't care, I'm just not ready to go home yet."

Home to an empty place with just my thoughts.

"Yeah, me either." Kira replied sadly.

Wait, what?

I turned towards Kira to ask her that question but saw she was already looking in a different direction with confusion.

"Nick?"

Sure enough, Nick was walking towards us with that cocky swagger of his.

"Ah, sweet Kira, what a coincidence see you here." He moved in for a hug but I stepped in between them before they could touch.

No one can touch her but me. And maybe Seth now... Maybe.

Once he saw it was me, his expression melted into one of seriousness. "Domick. I've heard some, well, things. He sent a significant look towards to Kira while emphasizing 'things'. "We need to talk about these things in private though."

Oh. Abnormal talk. "Kira knows about these certain things."

Nick faked looking shocked, "You mean you guys already knew about the Councilmen meeting before me."

"What?"

"Apparently they're meeting to initiate a new Council member soon, didn't you know that." He mocked.

I didn't react to the jab he sent towards me, I was too busy looking at Kira.

Was it supposed to be her?

It had been awhile since I was sent to collect her, they had even sent Nick to get her, they clearly expected her to be brought in soon. All signs pointed to them wanting Kira to get to them as soon as possible but it couldn't be her, could it?

But why her? Was her abnormal ability to hurt people really that wanted by the Council?

It's about time for us to sit down and figure out what we are going to do. Get it all truly out in the open.

*******************

Please remember to vote and comment.

Till next chapter😽😽😻