Chapter 28

Once I saw the door swing shut behind Lee as he followed after Domick, I turned towards my father.

"Where did you send them?" I demanded.

My father chuckled, "Ah, straight to the point, I like it. Guess you're just like me in that sense."

I didn't reply, just stared into his eyes that were so similar to the ones I see when I look in the mirror. He still didn't answer my question.

"How about we go somewhere comfier than this boring room." He gestured towards a different set of doors than the ones Domick and Lee left from.

He headed out them without even checking to see if I was following. After throwing a glance towards the other doors, I followed in pursuit.

Through the doors was a hallway that followed the same theme of the cafeteria, with all white walls and floors, kind of like a hospital. It even had the same type of smell.

After a few turns we stopped at a door that was different than the rest. Most of the doors that we had passed were a basic aluminum door but this one was a nice-looking wooden door.

My father had to take some keys out of his pocket in order to even unlock the door, after a moment of hesitation I followed his motion to enter the room before him.

I looked around in awe at what I was seeing. It was as if I walked into a completely different place.

A really nice place.

It was styled as if we were in a vacation home of someone rich, with the natural wooden decor and expensive looking furniture. It had the layout of an apartment with its open concept design. You could see the kitchen from the living room that we walked into.

My father sat on one of the couches but I chose the chair, so I didn't have to sit next to him.

He cleared his throat to bring my attention back to him instead of our surroundings. "I've noticed you're liking what you're seeing. I'm glad, because this is where I'm planning on letting you stay. If you of course say yes to my proposal."

This doesn't sound like a good thing.

"I've already told you one thing I want from you. But I haven't told you the other things that are going on around here. And I'm afraid once you know, I can't let you out. I wasn't expecting Domick to get so attached, so I'm sad to see my best fetcher go. But it's a sacrifice we have to be willing to make."

I was appalled at what my father was saying.

"Domick? Go where?" I fought to stand up out of the chair I had sunk down in. "If there's no Domick then there's no me."

My dad didn't look moved by my statement, if anything disappointed.

"Now Kira, be sensible. Lee is clearly the better man to have my grandchildren with anyway, why would you need Domick. Lee is bigger, stronger, and even better? His loyalty to me, his loyalty to the cause."

I sarcastically laughed, "What makes you think I'm going to accept that?"

"You didn't let me finish. Since us seeing each other again, I've changed my mind on some things, first you will have kids with Lee, then once you're better settled in and accepted your new position in life, you'll join me on the Council board."

I had slowly started shaking my head when he first started talking but was shaking it even harder by the time he finished. "I told you I'm not doing anything with Lee. And I'll join the Council when I feel like it."

Which will be never.

He sighed and his wings finally showed the first color I'd ever seen on them, red in irritation, "I was trying to ease you into this but I see you're going to be difficult, so how about this," he leaned forward and put his elbows on his knees.

In a flat voice he carried on, "If you don't tell me what it is that you can exactly do, I will go up, find your little school friend, and not hesitate to end his existence. And if that doesn't put you in line, I'll finish off what's left of Domick."

Seth? What's left of Domick?

"How do you know about Seth?"

He sinisterly laughed, "I knew I needed something to let me know what was going on in your head while I was gone, so I gave you that diary. I had an exact replica made, asked for some favors so everything you've written on yours, gets copied onto mine."

"I was the reason those boys never stuck around for long, I didn't want anyone to miss you or get too close to you for when you disappeared. But as I got older I realized, maybe having one friend would help work for me. They can always be used."

I knew he meant used as in blackmail, but at least now I knew why everyone else never stuck around.

"What have you done to Domick? I swear if you hurt him..." I trailed off because I honestly had no clue what I could do to hurt my father.

"Oh don't worry, he's fine." He smiled and his eyes moved as he glanced behind me, "For now."

I launched forward, determine to shake some answers out of him. Before I could even touch his shirt, a pair of arms grabbed me around my hips and tucked me along a muscular body.
***********************************

Hey peeps

Here's the finished chapter 28, Enjoy😻😻😽😽😺

Till next chapter...😻😸😽