Chapter 30

Domick

It felt like I was in a dream.

You know, the feeling of watching your body move and be able to feel the movements of your body, just not able to control them?

That's how I felt as I watched myself throw Kira's hand off my arm and leave the room she was in.

I watched as my body turned and marched towards a door down the hallway. Upon entering the door, the first thing my eyes went to was a figure sitting up against the wall and the man they called Lee towering in front of them.

Nick raised his head from where it was resting against his chest and stared me down. His eyes flickered up towards my forehead turned sad before hardening again.

"Back so soon?" He mocked.

I didn't reply and went to stand next to Lee.

Nick sighed, "You guys are no fun."

Lee finally opened his mouth, "We're not supposed to be fun, we're here to make sure you don't escape before punishment, brainiac." His grumbling voice spat out the last word as an insult.

Considering that brainiacs were known for figuring out everything, including how to escape basically anything, the best way to have a chance for them not to escape was to have a live guard. And even then, it was iffy.

In surprise at Lee's outburst, my eyes flickered over to see him raise his arm to run a hand through his short hair. I noticed a fading tattoo on his wrist as it flickered briefly, but he suddenly stiffened back up and dropped his arm back down to his side. 

Considering the only part of my body I could control was my eyes, I couldn't move my body like that. Anytime I even thought about trying to make my body move, my forehead would flareup in pain with a splitting headache and my eyes would be forced to focus back on Nick.

As time went on, and days passed, I noticed that Lee was getting more and more antsy.

But that might have had something to do with Nick starting to taunt him with little, jabbing comments.

"You're just his little bitch, aren't you."

"What makes you think he'll ever spare you and let you go."

"Why would he choose you, just a simple berserker." He'd spit.

Lee and I would switch sleeping on a cot that was in a small closet-like room in the hallway when taking a break, all three of us would eat at the same time from a tray being delivered through a door slot. We got to use the restroom and shower at the end of the day as long as someone was always on duty.

We suffered through about a week of being forced to watch Nick before our 'regular day' schedule finally changed.

By the time the week was up, I was going stir crazy. I couldn't even shift my own body in place to ease my restlessness. I wasn't sure what Kira's father had done to me, but it needed to be reversed, ASAP.

I needed to find Kira and get out of here, maybe I'd come back to help the rest. But right now, I just wanted out of this.

I watched my hand reach out and open the door to the hallway. Instead of heading to Nicks room like I normally would, I started heading back up the hallway to the door Kira was being kept in. Before reaching the door, I saw her father coming down the hallway towards me, I stopped, and he looked up my face.

He sighed tiredly and rubbed his head, "I need her to break, and you're my last resort."

I hadn't felt my beast inside me the whole time I was in this dream-like state, so I was surprised when he suddenly reappeared and I swelled up in defense. I saw my hand reach for the door.

The door opened a nightmare.

********************
Hey peeps.....

Thank you people for voting and commenting!!😻😻😽 Hope you peeps are doing okay these days.

Soooo what do you think about Lee? Nick?

Till next chapter...😻😺😽