Chapter 29

I squirmed in the arms that held me in a vice-grip but got nowhere. My father smirked as he watched me sag in the persons arms in defeat.

He stood up and tugged at the bottom of his shirt to straighten it out, "We'll just leave you here for the time being. I'll show you how desperate the human mind can get with no human contact, then we'll see what your answer is."

He walked over and opened the door to leave but paused in the doorway. He turned around just enough to signal to the guy to let me go, then disappeared into the hallway.

When I was released, I swung around to face my capturer.

"Please. Help me leave this place." I begged. "I don't think either of us wants to be here."

I quit talking when my brain finally processed who I was looking at.

This guy could be Domicks twin, if he didn't have a weird-looking tattoo on his forehead.

Wait, I think it is Domick.

I hesitated then desperately grabbed his arm and stepped closer to him. "Domick, we need to get out of here. Nothing good is going to happen if we stay." I begged.

Domick's expression hadn't changed throughout my entire speech, so I focused on his wings to try and gauge what he was feeling, if anything.

Only to notice, Domick doesn't have wings.

"Oh Domick, what happened to you?" I asked sadly, eyes flickering to stare at his new marking on his forehead.

As expected, he didn't reply. But his tattoo suddenly gave off a slight glow and he turned as if to leave.

I gripped his arm harder, "No! Please don't leave me. Snap out of whatever this is, and we can escape, together."

He just continued to walk to the door while absentmindedly dragging me behind him.

The door hadn't completely shut when my Dad had left so Domick just yanked it to be more open. He took hold of my hand that was still grasping his muscular bicep, and threw it to the side.

My heart broke as he slipped through the door and it slammed shut behind him.

I didn't move for awhile after I was left alone, appalled that Domick had reacted like that.

When I finally got my feelings under control I decided to check out the rest of the room. I needed to find out my next plan of action.

My search turned up no new ideas or plans.

There were no windows. The walls had window shades, curtains, and a light behind them as if there was sunlight coming through, but it was just a simulated sunshine made from lightbulbs that dimmed as time passed.

I looked but there didn't seem to be a way to control the light myself.

If I didn't know better myself, I would think I was above ground with the way the false sunlight seemed to dim as if it was a sunset as time went on in my explorations.

The one thing this place didn't have was a siliverware.

But you wouldn't really expect any in a place where you are putting a potential hostage. Pretty much all of them could be used as a weapon or have the potential to be used to escape, even everything in the kitchen was either fake or glued shut. The fridge didn't open and neither did the oven.

And I must had been expected to stay here for a while anyway because it had all my stuff here.

Someone must have managed to grab my bag from Domick's place that I took with me when I had left my aunts, because everything was here that was in it. I didn't have anything majorly important in it but it was still nice having my own things.

I sat on the couch to think when I noticed I didn't even have a TV to preoccupy me either. I sighed and put my head in my hands.

I don't know how long I can take this.
****************************

Hey peeps,

Sorry the update is shorter than usual. I guess I'll just have to make the next one longer to make up for it.😿😾

Should I do a Domick POV even though he not himself right now? Decisions, decisions.😼

Till next chapter...😽😻