Dinner by The Water

Lil had gone back to her house to change into something more comfortable

       Lil had gone back to her house to change into something more comfortable. It was a hot night so her jeans and shirt weren't cutting it for her. So she changed into a little black dress she had, along with a pair of sheer pantyhose and of course- her signature- a pair of boots. She looked at herself in her bedroom mirror, fixing her hair and adjusting her small stud nose piercing. She does a little spin, just for fun- her hair trailing behind her. She makes her way over to her closet, pulling out a flannel shirt. She smiled and brings the flannel towards her, smelling it. It smelt like him. Like bonfires and summer and early morning pancakes while its raining. She put it on over her dress happily though it was a little big. She'll wear it incase she gets a bit chilly near the water, plus she also loves the shirt. Lil slides down the banister of her stairs before making her way out the door.

     Lil approached the small boat that was docked nearby in the water. It was really cute. It had little fairy lights strung around it and had all kinds of cheesy little things like fuzzy dice and figures that danced with solar power in the day. She steps onto the boat, hearing a voice from inside the boat.

"Mason- sweetheart- that's not how you de vein the shrimp-" Melody's voice is giggly as she can be heard from the kitchen, shooing him away.

"Just let me do it- you always burn or over cook your food-" Mabel added, bumping him with her hips to the side as she took over.

Sofia was sitting on the counter, munching on some strawberries.

"Sofia-! Those are for the cake stop eating those-!" Melody reprimanded as she bopped her head playfully with an oven mitt. "Soos- come get Sofia-"

Soos came in, scooping Sofia up as he scooped up a handful of strawberries, running out of the room.

"SOOS-!" Melody yelled, only to be responded back with a distant yell from Soos as he ran off, Sofia in his arms.

"STRAWBERRIES ARE GOOD FOR SUNBURN-" 

Mabel snorted and kept working as Dipper huffed, pouting slightly, and even crouching- the kitchen doorway  was small and he was tall.

"Why don't you go sit with Ford and Stan?" Melody added sweetly, as if she was talking to her own son. 

Dipper peeked his head around the corner and out of the house boat to see Ford falling backwards on his chair as Stan teased him with fishing bait.

"Come on Stanford- its just a little worm-!" Stan added, unable to hide his laughter.

"GET THAT THING AWAY FROM ME- I'LL THROW YOU OVERBOARD YOU OVER GROWN FIVE YEAR OLD-" Ford retorted.

"IF YOURE TAKING ME OVER YOU TAKE THE WORM TO-!"

Dipper leaned back into the kitchen, blinking as he sighed. "Nah I don't feel like being a mom right now- or have worms shoved in my face-."

Lil, over hearing all of this as she approached, walked into the kitchen. "Hey guys- I'd like to offer to help in anyway I can-" She gave a soft smile. "What do you need me to do?" She wasn't the best cook but she was certainly better than Dipper..