Chapter Nine

^The above photo is always a little like how I pictured ambrosia squares!

Hey guys! I hope everyone is doing well! I'm looking at my original story outline, and realizing that one- I never wrote what I had planned for the ending, oops! Gotta work on that! And two- This story is going to be a LOT longer than I guess I thought that it would be when I first wrote the outline! So, just thought that I'd let you guys know that I'm doing so plot planning right now, and also that I might trrrrry to make that chapters a bit longer to progress the plot more! (I know, I know, they were already way too short, this is something is should be doing anyway, shhhhhhhh)

As I write this, it's officially 12 in the morning on my last day of school this year. Wow. This is crazy! Talk to me if you want, tell me about your school, stuff like that!

Keep reading, voting commenting, whatever you'd like, I really appreciate any interaction! Chat with me in the comments, I really don't care, lol, (God knows my social life is already pretty much dead, if it ever existed).

Chapter 9

Previously

As Peter looked on, his heart sank. There was no way the Avengers and Percy wouldn't have to meet.

__________*o*__________

        Peter watched as Percy fought the demon girls. He hated standing by and not helping, but Mr.Stark and the other Avengers had stressed to him the importance of staying undetected by Percy, and Peter had promised them that he wouldn't compromise himself. Of course, he was ready and willing to step in if Percy was really in need of help, but surprisingly, Percy seemed to have it under control. He moved with the grace of a practiced fighter. While the women threw themselves haplessly at him, rough clumsy lunges and slashes, he used smooth dodges and slashes of his sword to wound them.

        He wasn't perfect though. Peter winced every time Percy gained a new scratch or gash, and the demon ladies were good enough that he couldn't seem to get a fatal wound in. Finally, Percy managed to smack the fiery-haired one away from him with the flat of his blade, giving him enough room to lunge forward and slash his sword across the front of the lead girl. She shrieked, an ear-piercing sound that was murder on Peter's enhanced ears, and crumbled into sand-like dust.

        Peter remembered back to his first encounter with Percy, and how the dog monster had done the same thing. So these were the same kind of thing then? Is that what Percy had meant when he was talking about "Your kind"?

        The remaining Demon-woman didn't look too disturbed by her friend's death.

        "Well, you've just made my job easier, now I won't have to kill her when I'm done with you. Can't have anyone else getting the credit, wouldn't you agree Perseus?" She had a sly smile, almost a snarl, on her grotesquely shaped lips.

        Okay then, maybe they hadn't been friends.

        Percy had used these brief seconds of reprieve to correct his stance, shifting his feet back into a starting position. "Oh, well I really hope for your sake that she didn't hear that from Tartarus, because you're gonna be down there with her soon, and that would be awkwaaarrd."

        The girl glared at him, and launched her body forward, putting all her weight behind her swipe as she lunged for Percy's neck.

        Peter stifled a gasp, unconsciously leaning his body closer, concerned. Luckily, the lady had thrown herself a little too low, perhaps blinded by rage instilled by Percy's stupid comment.