One year later

"I'll be fine babe, it's just college." Christian's deep frown/pout is still on his face.

"Yeah but it's on the other side of the fucking world." His strong arms are crossed tightly over his muscular chest. "What am I going to do with out you?" He pouts. I know exactly what he is talking about.

"Well if you can control your dick for a few months I don't see what we have to worry about." I snap, he acts like he's the only one with needs.

"Awe babe, I didn't mean it like that it's just why couldn't you have gone to the AMDA campus in New York, it's closer to Paterson and closer to me." He smirks licking his full lips and stepping closer to me. He wraps his strong arms around me bringing me into a hug, his biceps flexing as he tightens the hug. I bury my face into his chest taking in his scent, the mixed smell of weed and vanilla burns my nostrils. He places his hand under my chin and opens his mouth to speak.

"I would never do that to you. You know that right? I would never cheat on you Ross." He says his brown eyes soft and telling. I stay quiet, his eyes are searching mine and I look away.

"Did you hear me?"

"Yeah."

"Hmm." He hums bringing his face to meet mine. Our kiss is slow and passionate, his expert tongue massaging mine. Our lips move a little awkwardly and not quite in sync, the spicy taste of cinnamon burns my tongue. I pull away from our kiss and look into his eyes.

"You pinkie promise." I pout sticking out my manicured finger, I know it's silly but I need him to. It's so important to me.

"I pinkie promise." He sticks out his pinkie intertwining it with mine. I smile up at him and he flashes me his pearly whites.

"Wow I love you so much." He blurts out. My eyes go wide and I pull away from his hug to look at his face. He's serious he just said the "L" word, and he means it. I like Christian but I don't  love him not yet at least. I open my mouth to speak but my throat closes and nothing comes out.

"No need to rush." Chrishan rolls his eyes. I look at him, pity and sympathy drowning my eyes.

"C-Christian I don't... I-I..." I shake my head at him. He steps away from me shaking his head in disbelief.

"Fuck!" His tatted fist slams down onto the table next to me. "You've got to be kidding me." He laughs nervously.

"Chris I'm sorry." Say looking at him grabbing his arms. I know how hard it is for him to express his feelings. But the simple truth is I don't love him.

"It's fine Ross." He coldly dismisses.
"Really it is. Shit like this takes time I should of waited." He says his face sets into a deep frown as his attempt to smile fails.

"Let's just get in the car you don't want to miss your flight." He says flatly and I nod. The tension in the car is so thick I think I might choke.

"Chris." I say quietly. I feel really bad for not saying that I love him back. He  just looks so sad maybe I do love him. No, I'm just feeling guilty.

"Hmm?" He questions never braking eye contact with the road.

"Chris, I'm sorry I just it's, I like you a lot but I'm not ready yet I jus-."

"Ross it's ok really I get it," He sighs placing his hand on my thigh squeezing gently. I look up and he smiles weakly.

I sigh and lean my head against the window, closing my eyes. This is all so much, Christian just confessed his love for me at five in the morning and now I'm leaving for college.