16. | Failed plan

16.

failed plan

I CLIMBED ON MY BED, making myself as comfortable as I could on my large pillow.

Today's classes were nothing but boring. Boring classes, boring teachers, and boring students. I rolled over and dragged my phone from the bedside table, unlocking it and opening the text from Emery. I saw her call almost immediately, and I picked up like she'd wanted me to.

"Someone's eager to speak to me," her voice filled the line.

I rolled my eyes. "For your information, Emery," I said. "You sent a text saying pick up, so I had to pick up."

"Whatever you say." She giggled. It sounded like she was outdoors, or maybe driving.

"So why did you call?" I asked. "We just left school a few hours ago."

"Can you come over?"

I furrowed my brows. "Today?"

"No tomorrow," she retorted sarcastically.

"Oh, great Emery! Thank you for asking so politely, I will not be coming to your house."

"Okay, please, Daesyn," she said. "You have to come!"

"Why?"

"Well, my parents want to meet you," she replied.

"Today?"

"No, tomorrow."

I glared at the screen of my phone. "Are you being sarcastic?"

"What? No!"

"How did they find out about me?"

"I told dad I made a new friend, so he invited you over for dinner."

"What about Clara and Melanie?" I asked unsurely. "Aren't you going to invite them?"

"They met my parents last year or something," she replied.

"Well, I don't know," I trailed off.

"Please, please, please! There's even a catch," she pleaded.

That caught my attention. "What is it?"

"You get to see Caelum," she said, giggling.

I frowned. "And how is that my business?"

"Oh, you could ask him to tutor you for your test."

I nodded. "So, I'm coming over for a sleepover, right?"

"Yes," she replied. "Then you'll have dinner with my parents tomorrow."

"Okay, see you later!" I told her and hung up.

I received a text message a minute later from mum, which I didn't bother replying. We still had unfinished issues, so she could come back whenever she wanted. I didn't care—well, I cared, but she didn't know that. I walked towards my closet and folded the clothes I was taking to Emery's in my bag.

My stomach grumbled immediately as I finished, and I remembered I hadn't eaten since lunch. I went to the living room, switched on the TV, and let the sound of the random commercial fill the air. At least, the house had some life in it.

I wasn't a huge fan of instant noodles, but I didn't have the strength to cook something else, so I sucked it up and ate the noodles. After eating, I went back to my room to take my bag and keys. I decided against writing a note for mum. I assumed she'd be back before me on Sunday and I wanted to make her mad, so I took my stuff and placed it in the car before driving to Emery's.

------------------

"Why do you keep coming here?" Caelum asked, his eyes never leaving his book.

I shrugged, crossing my arms. "Because your mum and dad invited me."

"She's not my mum!" he spat.

I nodded, slowly returning my gaze to my feet. I took note that his mum was a touchy subject, and I had to put in more effort if I wanted to understand Caelum.

"Can you stop doing that?"

Frowning, I turned to look at him. "What?"

He gestured towards my feet with his head. "That."

"Oh," I replied and stopped tapping my feet.

"Jesus Christ, Daesyn!" he groaned.

I turned to look at him. "What again?"

He pointed towards my fingers. "Are you nervous or something?"

I shrugged. "Maybe."

"Why?"

"The fact that I'll be meeting your par- your dad and Emery's mum tonight, and I have to retake my Calculus test on Tuesday makes me nervous," I told him.

He stared at me for a while, then nodded and returned his attention back to his book.

"C?" I called.

"What?"

"Will you be able to tutor me before my test on Monday?" I asked, desperation clear in my voice.

"No."

"Oh."

I thought he was going to agree seeing as I made him cupcakes yesterday, but my plan failed once again. Sighing inwardly, I rested my back on the couch.

I guess I was going to fail Calculus this semester. 

--------

Author's note:

So I've been kinda busy lately, trying to sort out my life *sighs*

I hope you enjoyed the Chapter though, please leave your votes and comments ;;;)))