20. | Dora and Friends

Dedicated to Superovkata

20.

dora and friends

I HAD SPENT THE whole of last night studying Caelum's note and had hardly got any sleep. I also had to endure drinking coffee, which I hated, just to stay awake. I had a good feeling about the test and hopefully, I was going to do just fine.

Stepping into the familiar school building, I spotted Caelum and Emery standing together. They looked like they were discussing something important, but I didn't care. All I wanted was for the miserable test to end. I walked towards the both of them and gave them what I hoped was a smile. Emery winced at my attempt while Caelum snorted.

"What the hell happened to you overnight?" Emery asked, breaking the silence.

"Calculus."

"Ah." She nodded in understanding. "Come sit with us during lunch, the girls miss you."

I stared at her, a confused look taking over my face. "I saw them yesterday," I said. "We sat at the same table."

"They're weird like that." She shrugged, pulling me in for a hug. "Well, I have to go now, take care and good luck."

After Emery left, I turned to look at Caelum, snapping my fingers when I remembered his notes. "I brought your notes," I said, searching through my bag.

"Keep it," he responded.

I stopped going through my bag. "You really don't want it back?"

"I said you should keep it," he muttered, raking a hand through his hair. "You obviously need it more."

"What will you use then?"

He shrugged. "Not everybody can be as smart as I am."

"How modest." I tusked with narrowed eyes.

He sighed. "I try."

I checked the time on my phone and saw I had five minutes left before the first bell rang. "Well, I have to go."

I turned to walk away but Caelum stopped me by dragging my arm. I turned to look at him, confusion coating my features. He quickly dropped his hand. "You'll do well."

Nodding, I gave him a small smile. "You'll do well is another way of saying good luck, right?"

He cleared his throat, trying to avoid eye contact. "Good luck."

Grinning at him, I playfully punched his arm. "Thanks, C."

I still felt the tingles on my arm as I watched him disappear down the hallway. Realizing how creepy I'd look staring at the empty hallway, I turned around and walked to my first class, Music.

------------------

I sighed as I walked into my Calculus class. School was already over so I wasn't surprised when I didn't see any student in the class. Mr. Bob was sitting at his desk, shuffling through papers. When he saw me, he motioned me towards a desk with the test booklet and a paper. I ignored my rapidly beating heart and sat there.

"Ms. McCready," he said.

"Yes sir?" I managed to respond as I brought out my writing materials from my bag.

"You have one hour to complete the test," he said. "If you finish before then, I'll be able to grade you immediately. So, good luck, and your time starts now."

I gave him a half-smile, and let out a silent prayer before opening the test booklet. After skimming through the pages, I began solving the questions.

I shuffled my feet anxiously as I stood beside Mr. Bob's desk. I couldn't wait to see my grade. The test was far easier than the first one and I knew it was because of Caelum's tutoring. I stylishly turned my previous test paper upside down when I saw the big fat D- on it. I really didn't see any reason why Mr. Bob still chose to grade that one.

"Take it," Mr. Bob said, bringing me out of my thoughts.

Collecting my paper from his outstretched hand, I couldn't hide the grin when I saw the B+ on it. If I could get a B+ after one tutoring session, there was no doubt about me getting an A+ soon.

"Thank you, Mr. Bob!" I exclaimed happily as he fixed my grade in his grade book.

He looked up with a small smile. "Well, congratulations Ms. McCready," he said. "You did well, and you're free to go."

Nodding, I walked out of the classroom—a wide grin on my face and my graded test paper in my hand. I stopped outside the door and did a few happy moves.

"Are you always doing that?" I heard someone say and I whipped my head to see Caelum leaning against the wall.

"Did you see it?" I asked and he nodded. I was glad he interrupted my dance. I was one move away from moonwalking.

"No, you did not," I said. I got a blank stare in response. "What are you even doing here?" I asked. "School ended hours ago."

He shrugged nonchalantly. "Waiting for you."

My eyeballs popped out at his words and I spluttered nervously. "You were waiting for me?"

He raised an eyebrow. "You're my ride home."

"Oh."

Emery had taken their car to her mother saying she had to give her something, while Caelum being Caelum refused to go with her. I didn't blame him though, if I were in his shoes, I wouldn't have followed Emery either.

"Is that your test sheet?" Caelum asked after a while.

I nodded, holding the paper up while he glanced at it.

"Nice," he said, nodding, his lips turning up to form a smile.

"I know!" I grinned, bringing the paper to my chest.

"Thank you, C," I told him as we walked out of the school building. "I couldn't have done it without you, todos juntos."

"First, you wouldn't have passed the test without me obviously," he muttered, turning to look at me with furrowed brows. "Second, isn't that a song from Dora and friends?"

I snorted, nudging him with my arm. "The mysterious Caelum Jensen watches Dora and friends."

He glared at me. "I am not mysterious."

I nodded. He didn't even deny watching Dora and friends. "Keep telling yourself that."

-

Author's note:

I honestly have no idea where this story is going, i'm just writing as the spirit leads. Things will eventually get better, I promise.

I am very very lonely, leave me a fucking comment and don't forget to vote :)