Chapter 24

Ooooo, this chapter is intense!!
Two more to go, get ready guys!!!

Boruto

"If you have something to say, just say it already. I'm here and I obviously can't move so just spit it out already!" I yelled in anger. The whole village, the ones who shamed me, were looking at me in my most vulnerable state. I am restrained by the villian and unable to protect anyone. I was supposed to come back stronger, but I'm weaker...

"If you insist, then I guess I'll tell you. But be warned, you won't like this." He said in a mocking tone. It was the type of tone that would piss off anyone who heard it. He knew that he was the one in control right now and that we were just his pawns of entertainment. With me being his main target.

"Boruto, after you left, do you know how much suffering you caused the village?" He suddenly asked as he turned to face me. "Your father was only focusing on finding you and he stopped looking out for the village. He sent shinobi day and night just to search for you. Do you think that they enjoyed searching fo the rebellious kid who ran away after he was caught cheating?"

His words pierced right through me. I looked up at the crowd and no one was looking at me. Was this true?

"Your so called "friends" were mad at you as well. They always saw you as being more privileged than them. Your father was the hokage and you were gifted with abilities and the best teacher out there. And then to go and cheat after they worked their butts off just to make it through. Who wouldn't despise you?"

Flash backs to the day of the chunin exams entered my mind. He was right, I was stupid, ungrateful, and worthless. And to be completely honest, I still am right now. "Don't listen to him, Boruto." I heard Sarada tell me but I cancelled out her words.

"Ah, yes. Sarada. I know that you are the one who is most fearful about what I have to say. I mean, I'm sure you know what I mean, Boruto. She always was a traitor." My eyes became wide after he said that. So it was true...

"Did you really think that Sarada actually cared about you? No, she hated you more than anyone else did. You never took anything seriously and just ran away when things got to hard. It forced her father, who she barely saw, to go search for you instead of spending time with her and her mother. She felt left out and wanted you find you and return you to the village just to prove that she was better than you..."

"That's not true!" Sarada yelled as she tried to break through. "I did care about you, Boruto, and I still do."

"Her whole plan was to manipulate you by pretending to actually care about you before leaking your location to the shinobi. In the end, you would look like the stupid, spoiled, hokage's son she always saw you as." After he said that, tears fell from my eyes. I wasn't sure if they were sad tears or tears of anger.

Did Sarada never really care about me? When she said all those things to be and the moments we had together, were they all a lie?

"I can explain it all, Boruto. He's making it sound way worse than it actually is but I can explain-" I cut her off.

"That note, the one was sister supposedly wrote me, was it really from her?" I asked seriously. The answer she would give me would decide everything. I needed to know and her silence was angering me. "Answer me!" I yelled as I felt my body heat up.

"I'm so sorry Boruto.." She said and eyes saw red. "I didn't do it to purposely hurt you, I just wanted you to come back. And it wasn't just so that I could prove myself. You have got to believe me." My heart was aching more than it ever had before. No one really cared about me after all. I fell in love with Sarada. Or at least I thought I did. But it was all a lie.

"Ouch. Hurt deeply by the girl you love. I wasn't even going to bring up your sister, but since it was brought up, I might as well." He said. "Did you know that she was bullied at school after you left? She was known as the girl with the coward brother. No one wanted to hang around with her and teachers only treated her nicely because of who her father is. You may have thought that your life was the only one getting ruined when you left, but you dragged your poor sister down with you."

I looked up at the crowd with tearful eyes. There, Hima looked straight at me, tears in her eyes as well. But the moment faded away the second she looked away from me. She couldn't stand me. I could see it in her eyes. And my mother, she hadn't looked at me once.

"So what now, Boruto? Do you still wish to save the village. A village filled with people who hate you and wish to see you dead, a girl who only wants to see you fail, a mother who is too ashamed to look at you, a sister who can't help but resent you, and friends who no longer care about you?" He walked up to me and got on his knees as well right in front of me.

"You are still not ready to join me but I'll be waiting and expecting you soon. I'll leave the fate of the village in your hands for now. Don't you wish to prove to then how powerful you really are? Tear them apart and-" I couldn't listen to him anymore. His words were driving me crazy. My eyes were now opened wide. I knew the truth.

"Leave." I said sternly and he chuckled.

"As you wish. I'll leave the power to you now." He said before he and his silent partner faded away. The force that was once restraining me faded away but it didn't for the rest of the village. They are stared at me in fear and with anger. Is this how they saw me? Was I just a pathetic monster to them!

An unknown rage filled up inside of me. I felt like I was being consumed by the anger I felt. I was scared of myself right now. I didn't know what I would do to myself and to others.

My whole body started to shake and the room began to ae well. "Boruto, please, let us all work this out together. Don't let the rage get the best of you-" Sasuke started to say but I could care about his words right now. He had no right to talk to me about controlling rage and anger.

"Don't you dare tell me what to do."