Chapter 25

Hey guys!! I had a change of plans with where I wanted this chapter to go which is why there was a delay. I hope you guys enjoy it!

Boruto

It was all a lie.

Since I was young, I was used to being judged by others. I was the son of the hokage, the strongest shinobi out there, and with that came a lot of pressure. I had this sort of responsibility to be just as great as him, no, to be even better than him. I never wanted to be a failure in anyone's eyes, but in the end, that's exactly what I was.

After I left, I started to train with the purpose of returning a better and stronger shinobi. I knew that I wouldn't get the warmest of welcomes, but I hoped to show how much I've improved and matured in order to gain their respect. Even though I didn't show it, I craved for the respect of my father. I craved for him to acknowledge me and see me as his equal, and when Sarada suddenly arrived, my hopes got up.

She made me believe that the village had forgiven me and that they awaited my return. She tricked me into thinking that my sister missed me and that she cared about me like she used to. She also tricked me into falling in love with her...

I gave her my trust and slowly saw myself becoming a better person. The more we trained together, the more I was getting ready to return. But little did I know, she had a whole plan of her own. For all I knew, when we returned, I would've been greeted with dirty stares and judgement from all sides; the very thing I ran away from.

But standing here now, looking back at everything after finally knowing the truth, it all makes sense now. As the whole village is struggling to escape right infront of me, all I can think about is how they aren't doing it to greet me, but to run away from me instead. I was a rogue ninja after all. Rogues can't be trusted...

If I played into the rogue mindset, I could easily destroy the village right now if I wanted to. I could finally show off my true power to everyone who doubted me. I could force them to respect me. I could force them to acknowledge me...

I grabbed my head in agony. The rage I felt from before suddenly came back. To be completely honest, I am scared of what I do if I can't hold myself back. Looking around at the people, for as much as they may fear me and hate me, it saddens me to know that they feel that way about me. It's weak of me to feel this way, and I know it, but I rather accept being weak than letting the rage control me and end up doing something I will regret.

But they hate me.

But they tricked you.

"Stop it..." I wished to myself but they only got louder. "Stop it..." I repeated a bit louder but it wouldn't stop. "Stop it!" I finally yelled. I couldn't take it anymore. It was overwhelming and I wanted it to stop for once.

"Boruto, I know your hurt, but please, don't do something you'll regret. Look, the whole village is scared. Families are scared right now. Just release us and we will explain everything to you." I heard Sasuke say to me. When he mentioned all the families, it made rethink everything. Some people may despise me, but not all of them. I won't let my anger control me.

"Your right, Sasuke..." I said as I finally regained the strength to stand up. "Don't worry, I'm planning on attacking anyone..." My words trailed off. "Dad...?" I asked as I turned around to face him.

He looked up at me as he held onto his side in pain. "Yes, Boruto..." He said quietly.

"Thank you..." I said and he looked at me a bit confused. "You were the only one who actually cared about me. You would spend day and night thinking about me and hoping I would return. You never gave up on me even though I despised you after you humiliated me. But looking back at it now, I humiliated myself. I should have never had cheated, but I was desperate. And for that, I'm sorry. None of this would've happened if it wasn't for that event. You would've been giving your speech right now and I would've been cheering you on like the good son I should've been. So I'm most sorry to you for what I'm about to do..."

"Boruto... what are you going to do?" My dad asked as tears fell from his eyes.

I wiped away my stray tears and looked up at the crowd of people. My chakra was done filling up and I knew that it was time. I knew that this decision is one that I can never go back on, but it didn't matter at this point. I then looked up at the ceiling and activated my eye. Something inside of me told me that I could do this, even though I never did it to this extent before.

"Boruto, stop it!" Sarada yelled but I removed her words from my head.

I thought about the whole village and everyone who knew me. I thought about the memories I've made and the memories others have made with me. I thought about my first time riding a bike, I thought about my first time training as a shinobi, and I thought about the first time I saw Hima...

And I erased myself from those memories.

"Don't worry about me anymore. After today, it will be like I never existed." I told them as tears fell down my face.

I could feel myself wiping their memories of me. It felt like I was killing myself each time. I knew that after it was done, I could never return to the village. I would go back to my hide out, alone, and know for a fact that no one was worried about me. I could then train and move on with my live. It was better this way.

"Boruto! You promised me!" Sarada yelled and a flashback suddenly came back to me.

"You can erase minds!?" She asked, looking at me with shock. I nervously nodded. "Why did you never tell me!"

"Well... you see, I did but... I sort of made you forget it." The anger was clear on her face. She punched me straight onto of my head. "Ouch, I'm sorry, okay." She turned around, giving me the silent treatment.

"Why did you make me forget it." She asked, and I sighed.

"I didn't mean to make you forget it, but I had just found out about it from a drean. I guess you could say I wanted to try it out." I had a strange dream where I could do it, so I wanted to test that theory.

"I forgive you, but promise me that you will never use it on me." She looked me straight in the eyes as she said this.

"I promise Sarada."

And just like that, I was gone.

😭😭

Only one chapter left guys!! Sorry if this chapter was too intense or crazy, but I hope that the final chapter can clear any confusion you may have up. Anyways, thank you guys for all the questions you left in the previous update! The Q&A will be releasing either today or tomorrow and the final chapter will follow soon after that. Sorry again for not updating yesterday, but I just didn't find any of my inspiration and didn't want to release a poorly written chapter to you guys. I really am hoping that you guys can understand this and forgive me!